Help with error message: should be simple answer

error message below. server should actually be “link.sra.com” not “lnk.sra” (note the missing “i”. where do i change the property associated with this?

2006.06.16 08:13:35 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:259)

] Error trying to connect to remote server: lnk.sra(DNS lookup: lnk.sra:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: lnk.sra

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi,

I wonder if one did add a user foo@lnk.sra to its roster. Wildfire itself will no do dns lookups for fun.

LG

I would check your users rosters and Server to Server Settings

is there anyway to try and figure out where it is coming from ? Can I get the IP address the lookup is coming from?

Server to Server is enabled, but there should be no other servers that it connects to unless LDAP is considered a server.

I would check the Debug Log. enable full logging, then open the actual XML file, then search for the server name.

this should tell you what user is creating the look up…

if you are using an external database (mySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc) it would be easy to go into jiveroster and do a search for that name to see if a user has a mailformed JID they are attempting to contact.

For Postgres the command would be :

select * from jiveroster where jid like ‘’%lnk%’’;

I see thefailed to connect errors all the time from users old contact attempts.

Jeff

Hey guys,

Another way you can trigger a server-2-server communication is by just sending a message (e.g. starting a conversation) to someone that does not belong to your server. For instance, in Spark you can click on Actions --> Start Conversation enter johndoe@somewhere.com and the server will initiate a s2s connection.

Regards,

– Gato