Help with spark and openfire

I am posting this in openfire support to get some more eyes on my issue. I have already had this posted on the spark support page and WROOT has been giving me a hand in trying to figure this out. I hope with your help I can get this working. I can’t seem to find a solution on here or google, please help! Here is the link to the other post if you would like to see what WROOT has had me try so far. Thanks!

Other post : https://community.igniterealtime.org/message/261241#comment-261241

I recently installed OpenFire on a Win 2012 r2 server. Open fire seems to be working, I can access the admin portal from any computer on my network. Setup to use ldap through AD.

If I telnet to the server on port 5222 it just sits at a blank cmd screen, is this normal? I read a bunch of posts asking users if they could telnet to it. I would say yes? Since I didn’t get an error saying it couldn’t connect.

When I try to connect using spark, it says “authenticating” for about 5 seconds then I get an error. “Unknown connection error”. I have tried manually typing the host in and setting it to auto. If I change it to a different server or port it errors out right away.

The logs show this.

Text

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 10000ms (~10s). Used filter: No filter used or filter was 'null'.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackException.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackException.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkForResponse(SynchronizationPoint.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWait(SynchronizationPoint.java:146)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWaitOrThrow(SynchronizationPoint.java:125)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:858)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:364)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1078)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:869)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:142)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Running debug on spark shows packets sent :

<stream:stream xmlns=‘jabber:client’ to=‘server’ xmlns:stream=‘http://etherx.jabber.org/streams’ version=‘1.0’ from='username@server xml:lang=‘en’>

No packets received. Any one have any ideas?

I have ports 5222 and 5223 open on the firewall, even though the firewall is disabled. I also can connect into the admin console using my ldap creds.