Help

Please delete my other post. It was in the wrong forum.

This is a great product and I am looking forward to the 2.x release. However could someone please help me with a few issues I am having.

1/ It says in the web config there is a ten user restriction. Is it possible for me to lift this?

2/ I am trying to add a JID in the web admin for the chat rooms. I am assuming a jid=user id. However when I add the id and then I try and add a new room it does not work for the user that should be authenticated.

3/ I cannot list the rooms avalible using either gaim or exodus. Is this a server or client side error.

Thanks in advance.

1/ It says in the web config there is a ten user

restriction. Is it possible for me to lift this?

I think that it’‘s an old text that the web-admin page is showing. Did you try to exceed that number of connections? Anyway, the next week the 2.0 version will be available which for sure won’'t have that restriction.

2/ I am trying to add a JID in the web admin for the

chat rooms. I am assuming a jid=user id. However when

I add the id and then I try and add a new room it

does not work for the user that should be

authenticated.

Are you trying to add JIDs to the list of users that are allowed to create Multi-User Chat rooms? If there is not a misspelling mistake then I guess that the JIDs that you are adding to the list contain capital letters. The version that you are using requires that every JIDs that you enter to the list of users allowed to create rooms be written in lower-case.

3/ I cannot list the rooms avalible using either gaim

or exodus. Is this a server or client side error.

Are you trying to browse the Multi-User Chat rooms? The list won’‘t contain the old groupchat rooms. If you are creating a MUC room and it doesn’‘t appear in the list, then it’'s possible that the client is caching the list. For instance, in Exodus instead of double clicking in order to get the list of rooms (which may use the cache) you can use the option “Browse in New Window” in the contextual menu which will force the client to get the latest list of rooms.

Regards,

– Gato