How can I do next?

Hi,

I want to mount openfire server in my business and I have users in 4 locations in 4 cities.

How can I mount this server to group communications all my users?

2 cities have mounted server windows 2003 server with AD but I don’t know good idea to work with autenticathion LDAD…

I wait your ideas.

Thank you very much

I might be missing something with the limited information you gave but if all 4 cities have an IP connection between each other, put a server in one location and have them all attach to that jabber server on it.

As long as all offices can see each other, there’s really not much to it. designate a box as the jabber server in an office and have the user’s client attach to that server.

Hi,

I’m sorry if I gave little information.

I have 4 independients locations. All them with independient IP. I want to configure in a location a openfire server but I need to know how I have to open ports in firewall to that other 3 locations can send petitions to connect to the server.

I’m sorry my “english”. It’s very poor.

Thank you very much

Hi,

posting more information in your native language usually helps, quite a few users understand Spanish.

Does every office has a static IP address?

Ususally port 5269 is used for s2s connections. Anyhow you may want to open it only for your locations, so a static IP address would be fine.

I assume that every location want to use a unique xmpp.domain / server name, otherwise s2s can not work.

LG

Hi,

I only want to mount a unique openfire server to the 4 locations.

I think so my problem is finished. I have opened 5222 port in firewall where is installed openfire server and when I try to connect me from other 3 localitions with spark I enter public IP, user and pass and I can connect me.

What other ports have I open to send files and other functions?

Thank you very much

Hi,

for local p2p file transfers within one office nothing special is needed. For file transfers between office A and B Spark should use the in-band protocol (sending the file as chunks within normal messages).

You can also open port 7777 - see https://openfire:9091/file-transfer-proxy.jsp - this should improve file transfers as the in-band file transfer is usually not very fast.

LG

Hi,

thank you very much.

I’m going to try your ideas.

Nice to meet you