How does Queue Presence work?

Sorry for asking what may be simple, but I have not found documented anywhere what the queue presence does.

Let’s make it multiple choice.

It seems from looking at the code that it pauses or unpauses a queue member based on availability, so I will limit my list to that.

1. Pauses a queue member when the interface (queue member in asterisk) matches the device assigned to a user in Asterisk-IM which becomes unavailable and unpauses when the user becomes available.

2. Pauses a queue member when the interface (queue member in asterisk) matches the extension assigned to a user in Asterisk-IM which becomes unavailable and unpauses when the user becomes available.

3. Pauses a queue agent when the agent (agents.conf in asterisk) matches the device assigned to a user in Asterisk-IM which becomes unavailable and unpauses when the user becomes available.

4. Pauses a queue agent when the agent (agents.conf in asterisk) matches the extension assigned to a user in Asterisk-IM which becomes unavailable and unpauses when the user becomes available.

5. None of the above.

Number 1 is correct :slight_smile:

Great, just a couple of points.

1. at what time are the queues loaded? (will queues added after openfire startup, or asterisk-im startup work?)

2. at what time are queuue members loaded? (will queue members added after startup work?)

3. I like the two features (presence based on phone use, and queue pause based on presence), but they seem to step on each other. If I have a member in a queue, i want them to get calls as long as they are available. If they are away, offline, or DND, I want them to be paused. But as soon as they receive a queue call, their presence becomes “on phone” which is considered by the queue integration as unavailable, and they are paused. For that matter, they are paused as soon as their phone starts ringing. If I have a small queue and want callers to fail to another queue, ivr, or vm if their are no agents in queue, i set joinempty=no and leavewhenempty=yes and as soon as the first call rings, all of the agents become busy and get paused, dumping all callers out of queue. Asterisk already is able to handle not sending an agent a call when they are on the phone, i think “on phone” status should not pause the agent.