How to get the Answer fast in the Forum!!!
You start with a high level of expertise on the problem you are having,
because you’'re the one experiencing it. We start only with what you tell us
in your problem report. More than any other factor, a lack of detailed
information slows down getting the answer you want. Although our psychic abilities
grow almost daily, we still rely mostly on good old written information.
You can speed up the resolution of your issues by including this
- Search the forum!!! The answer is already there!!! Since WildFire community
is growing with a lot of super active user (e.g me ?) Your questions might
have been asked and answered!!!
- Start with a descriptive subject. This is the first thing we see, and
we refer to it visually and mentally. "Need help installing WiFi 2.5.1
on windows with LDAP" is a lot more descriptive than “Help!”.(but don’'t
ask that question because we won’'t answer you, go back to rule No.1!!!)
- What’'s distinctive about your difficulty? Does a client work in some
situations, but not others? Have you changed any configuration recently?
- If it’'s a problem with specific client, what client is it? Prefer
“Exodus” or “Spark” or “Psi” over “client”.
(Prefer “WildFire ..*” over “my server”)
- DON’'T FORGET THE LOGS!!! (I mean, post them also, just remembering them in
your sleep won’‘t help.)That’'s where we will look for clues!!!
Tell me first. “How many logs are in WildFire?” (hmm… error, warn,…)
- Give points to the people who help you solved the problem. (you know, we
have a rat race here competing for thread posting and answers point, try
searching “shameless” and you will see )
- Mark the thread “Helpful” or “Answer” if it is helpful or it is the answer.
( Well this is actually rule number 5 in disguise.)
- Be the super active user!!! (Ok, you don’'t need to be super but we like you
to contribute back to the forum and we want you to hate those who don’'t
follow the rule.)
Your super active user and Developers (?).
Message was edited by: wmhtet