How to get Workgroups state ...?

Hi

As it written in JEP-0142 any Workgroup has its state. How a user can get some kind of a “Workgroups roster” … I don’‘t need a huge roster of all workgroups’’ members, I only need a list of groups with their state (available or not) … is it possible ?

In additiion, can I include a Workgroup in my roster, so I will see not only users’’ states but workgroups’’ states also ?

Thank you.

Is this a question about Jive Live Assistant or the JEP in general?

I don’'t need a huge roster of all

workgroups’’ members, I only need a list of groups

with their state (available or not) … is it

possible ?

This is possible in Jive Live Assistant, but isn’'t part of the JEP.

In additiion, can I include a Workgroup in my roster,

so I will see not only users’’ states but workgroups’’

states also ?

Yep, that should work fine.

Regards,

Matt

So, what is “Jive Live Assistant” ? Do you meen Smack library oe what ?

Can you direct me to how can I include Workgroups in my roster ? Just simply specify Workgroup’'s name in a roster ?

Jive Live Assistant is Jive Software’‘s commercial product that implements JEP-0142. It’‘s the only workgroup implementation that I know of, so to use workgroups, you’'ll need to use Live Assistant.

Regards,

Matt

May be we misunderstood each other

I talked about Workgroups support developed in Smack library, but not about workgroups organaized by Jive Software.

I’'m creating my own software which will use workgroups.

I was interested in an ability in your lib to include workgroups into one’‘s roster. I need this to give user an ability to see workgroups’’ states in his contact list but not states of all workgroup’'s agents.

Thanks

Dmitry,

The workgroup support in Smack was actually never complete so we removed it in the latest release. You’'ll need support for workgroups in your server in order to use them…

Regards,

Matt

Oops …

Thanks for the answer

I’'ll try to implement my business logic without workgroups …