How to install a plugin

Hi ,

I have downloaded the plugin(jar File) from the following link.

[http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp](http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp)

So,Kindly tell me how to install plugin in open fire server.

Thank you,

With Regards,

Premnath.M

There are three ways to install a plugin:

1. One click install: You don’t need to download a standard jar file to install it in Openfire. All you need to do is login to Openfire server as admin, go to tab “Plugins”, there you will find “Available Plugins” and you can one click to install it without downloading anything.

2. Installing the downloaded Jar/War file (for example Red5): On the very same “Plugins” tab, below the list which shows installed plugins you can find “Upload Plugin” field with Browse button…

3. Manual copy: Login to computer (not through the web browser) which has Openfire installed, copy jar/war file to openfire’s plugin directory (on windows - C:\Program Files\Openfire\Plugins, on Linux it is usually - /opt/openfire/plugins).

You need to restart Openfire if you have chosen the last way (manual copy).

Thanks for your reply it is very much usefull for me…

Now i have one more doubt.

We have downloaded the plugin from the list of plugin the ignite realtime provided.But i need to create the sample plugin of my own .I am new to

open fire.So please provide some steps how to create the plugins.I read the Plugin Developers Guide documentation It is some what helpfull for

me.I also read the sample documentation of “Message Of the Day Plugin”.In the below link.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/support/articles/motd_plugin.jsp

But there is a doubt in the coding:

Coding:

1)Where are this import files are located.?

package com.version2software.plugins;
import java.io.File;
import java.util.TimerTask;
import org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals;
import org.jivesoftware.util.TaskEngine;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.MessageRouter;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.Plugin;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.event.SessionEventListener;
import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.Session;
import org.xmpp.packet.JID;
import org.xmpp.packet.Message;

2)Where is that interface Plugin located?

public class MotDPlugin implements Plugin

If Some one know some basic steps to create the plugin please help me out.

Thank you,

Regards,

Prem

Haven’t developed a single plugin for Openfire, but import files are located inside installed Openfire Jar files, most of your mentioned are in “C:\Program Files\Openfire\lib\openfire.jar” (at my Windows machine).

Please note that there was a name change from Wildfire to Openfire, so the import

import org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.Plugin;

should be written as

import org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.Plugin;

2)Where is that interface Plugin located?

I believe it is somewhere inside those import files (maybe inside the one above) Sorry, I am not a Java developer…