How to leave room permentatly as a member/admin/owner

Hey folks,

I am using persistent room and adding a member with the different affilication say Admin,Member and Owner.

I wanted to leave myself from the room now and change my affiliation to none is there any way to make it happen?

i followed : XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat. this doc but i didn’t found any stanza format to change my own affiliation.

Can any one suggest me a good direction ?

Thanks.

I had to look this up myself. :slight_smile:

Removing yourself as an owner/admin should be doable by setting your affiliation to ‘none’, as described in section 10.7 of XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

To remove yourself as a member of the room, you need to cancel your membership, as defined in section 3.2 of XEP-0077: In-Band Registration

Thanks @guus for your help.

Let me try XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat and update the result here for other people as well.

If i go by XEP-0077: In-Band Registration i doubt that the server will make me unregister, I don’t want to leave xmpp server i just wanted to leave only specific room which someone might have added me and i don’t wanted to be part of discussion anymore.

If you send this to the JID of the room, then it should only unregister you from that room (not the entire server. It is basically the reverse operation of what is described in section 7.10 of XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

Thanks again, Will try and update here soon.

@guus It works like charm, Thanks.

1 Like