How To Moving server, Moving user data

Hello Wildfire Igniter !!

I want to move my server to another machine and keep all settings. What is the best way to go ?

Any hints from the PRO’'s are welcome.

turbo

PS. I am now a one week user of wildfire.

Others might disagree with me on this, however in my view, I would create a mirror image of your base wildfire install on the new server, then copy your /opt/wildfire directory over en mass, and paste it directly over that base install. If you use an external database, make sure you dump the database first, then import it into the new database instance, then copy your original server wildfire/ directory over the top of the default installation. One thing, the machine’'s name and IP should probably be the same as the old one to allow for minimum issues.

Jeff

Hi,

settings are stored in conf/wildfire.xml and in the database - if you are using the embedded one it’'s in the content of the embedded-db/ folder.

It may help to post your operating system and setup here to get a more specific help.

LG

Hi LG,

here my setup:

NT4 Server (finally) standard wildfire 3.1.1 install, embedded database

I am just looking for the user data right now, as I don’'t have any plugins on the production machine installed. But thinking ahead, a way to include those would be fine to know too.

turbo

Hi,

if you do not change the xmpp.domain then copy just conf/wildfire.xml and embedded-db/* to your new server. Plugins usually also use the database to store persistent information, and one can install them using the web gui or copy plugins/* to another server.

LG

Hi LG,

thank you. That sounds easy enough, but what about the different IP so ? Or is this setting not in the xml file ?

turbo

Hi turbo,

if you did define an IP address in conf/wildfire.xml which is not available on your new server then you need to change it of course. And you need to change the DNS entry for Wildfire.

LG