powered by Jive Software

How to send raw IQ packets using smack?

Hi,

How can i send the packet below using smack??

> <iq type='set' id='remove1'>
>   <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'>
>     <item
>         jid='contact@example.org'
>         subscription='remove'/>
>   </query>
> </iq>

Regards,

Samba

I would recommend that you do not use ‘raw’ stanzas to do this, but use the Roster object instead:

final Roster roster = connection.getRoster();
final RosterEntry entry = roster.getEntry("contact@example.org");
roster.removeEntry(entry);

Using the Roster is a less abstract and less error-prone way of doing this.

If you do want to send ‘raw’ stanzas, You can create an anonymous subclass of IQ, something along the lines of this:

final IQ iq = new IQ() {
  @Override
  public String getChildElementXML() {
    return "<query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'><item jid='contact@example.org' subscription='remove'/></query>";
  }
};
iq.setType(IQ.Type.SET);
connection.sendPacket(iq);

As you see, the bottom example is a lot less clear. It’ll be harder to maintain code like this, and errors are more likely to sneak into your development process.

Hi,

Here is the test sequence and the problem i am facing regarding subscription request.

• Login to msn as user1@live.in and then logged into user2@live.in from smack code
  • Now adding user2@live.in from live messenger and smack code is receiving the subscription request and i am adding user1@live.in to my roster using roster.createEntry
  • I am also able to chat and able to see each other’s presence

Now my problem comes here:-

• I am deleting user1@live.in from smack code using roster.RemoveEntry
  • But live messenger still shows user2@live.in as online
  • Then i deleted user2@live.in from live messenger
  • Now if i try to add user2@live.in again no subscription requeste is comming to presence listener in smack code. The contact is auto accepted and able to see the presence

Please guide me something and where i am thinking wrong?

Regards,

Samba

Actually i tried ur code but i am unable to send message at my psi client

moreever 5 users are login in xmpp servers

but i am not receiving presence information of any one.

i am also tried smack debugger

it shows foloowing message

iq id=“d94HS-2” to=“test9@intime-rajesh/Smack” type=“result”>

as i should receive presence information of all 5 users

If the users do not recieve presence information that the others generate, chances are that they are not subscribed to each-other. Could you use the Openfire admin panel to verify that all users are logged on, and have each-other on their respective rosters?

yeah i am receiving messages now thanks a lot sir !!

I am not able to receive iq packets when using packet listener and packet filter.

code

connection.addPacketListener(new MyPacketListener(),new PacketTypeFilter(IQ.class));

class MyPacketListener implements PacketListener{
public void processPacket(Packet packet){
System.out.println("Recv : " + packet.toXML());
}

This is what i get

Recv :

Actually, you do recieve the packet, but Smack doesn’t know how to process the child element of your IQ stanza. Please refer to http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/docs/latest/documentation/providers.h tml

i am trying to send a IQ packet/stanza but i dont find any constructor with no params for “org.igniterealtime.smack:smack-android-extensions:4.2.2” dependecy.

EDIT:

i replied to you 8 year later that’s funny

I don’t understand. What are you trying to do and what has it to do with smack-android-extensions?