How to show offline users?

First off, let me give kudos to the development team… great job! I’‘m probably missing something really obvious, but I can’'t figure out how to show offline users within a group. Is that feature there?

I have to vote for this as well. I would certainly want it to be configurable. Clearly there are two ways to do this, one is to put all offline users into the “offline users” group, and the other is to show all users in a group together, displaying their current status (online or offline).

Our users are grouped by organization, and if I want to send a message to someone in organization A, I want to look there to find him/her, regardless of whether they are online or offline at the moment.

Other options I would also include:

Sort order within a group: by ID, by Status… Should be able to sort by multiple properties (Status then ID for instance)

If this is already in JIRA, I can’'t find it. It seems that enough queries about this should at least get an entry there. Could someone make an official enhancment entry there so folks can vote and comment on it? That would be great.

LG can create such issue

or better. I should mention “Exodus”, that you can achieve such functionality with that client. And when Derek sees that…

Yes, pretty common request. No JIRA issue still. Of course, you can use magical Find feature. But this is not dumb-user friendly.

Hey, maybe my feature request about making a button for switching between Groups and No-Groups (just one alphabeticly sorted list of contacts) views could make in that issue too?

I looked briefly at Exodus, it is certainly a possibility. But no file transfer capability that I saw there. Perhaps I just missed it, I should go review it again.

Thanks for the reply… I hope it at least gets on JIRA so it can be “voted” upon, I can’'t imagine this would be a terribly difficult thing to allow the user to configure which way to view offline users.

bbiales wrote:

I looked briefly at Exodus, it is certainly a possibility. But no file transfer capability that I saw there. Perhaps I just missed it, I should go review it again.

Right click on contact > Send file

Thanks for the reply… I hope it at least gets on JIRA so it can be “voted” upon, I can’'t imagine this would be a terribly difficult thing to allow the user to configure which way to view offline users.

I’'m not a programmer, but i think there is often pretty complex code under every simple checkbox. But in this case it could be a design issue. I mean, maybe such functionality doesnt fit JiveSoftware scheme or vision of IM client.

Other options I would also include:

Sort order within a group: by ID, by Status… Should be able to sort by multiple properties (Status then ID for instance)

Add a comment to SPARK-40 and vote for it. If you don’'t have already a JIRA account create one (:

For groups one can vote for SPARK-29.

So I wonder if it would make sense to sort one group alphabetically and another one by status.

There’'s also SPARK-422 one really wants to vote for.

LG

Hi,

@“I can’'t figure out how to show offline users within a group. Is that feature there?

You want to display the users in the group they belong to, don’'t you? I have a group called “Offline Group” which is shown and all offline users are in it.

LG

I too would like to see offline users stay in their proper groups so that it’‘s more organized. Moving them to an “offline” group doesn’'t do anything for us.

Yes, having looked once again at Exodus, I think they have the right idea. They keep all users in the groups they are defined in, but then they have a toggle to Show/Hide offline users. So with a click you can limit your view to online users only for one task, but then if you need to select from offline users as well, just click the toggle button and they reappear. Now I can’‘t recall if this is a feature selected for all groups or one group at a time… I’'ll have to go run it again…

Vote for SPARK-448? (;