How to test Openfire 4.2.1 Cluster

Openfire Version : 4.2.1

Java jdk

Cluster Nodes : 6

Hello Guys,

I’m pretty new to openfire, i’m looking for some kind of test for openfire cluster, if you can provide me the links that would be really helpful.

Thanks

You need to have an understanding and model of how your clients will interact with the server. Since typically large scale Openfire installs have a custom client at play, the developers have a handle on that client software stack and can replicate the demand they impose on the server based on expected usage.

There are generic load testers, like Tsung.

You mentioned in the chat having 6 instances already setup in a cluster, what made you arrive at that number?

We are going to implement openfire, can you please provide some suggestion on load balancing and connection manager.

Thanks

Try to Implement Openfire by using some centralized caching mechanism not by using hazelcast plugin directly .
It will use a lot of bandwidth for inter node session communication.
We have used aersopike for centralized cache and changed source code of openfire to work 100000 clients in cluster environment to connect and chat with each other with optimized server resources.

1 Like

Hi I was using openfire 3.8.1 with Hazelcast plugin for cluster and facing issues -messages not going when two users are connected to different openfire servers etc.

Can you tell me how to use openfire 3.8.1 cluster without hazelcast , aersopike etc. centralized cache which you mentioned above ?

You have probably used different databases within your cluster while all instances in a cluster should share a single database.