Hybrid authentication with local DB and LDAP

I have Openfire 3.7.1 installed on a Windows 2008 sp2, with MS SQL 2008 R2 database. This configuration was authenticating with LDAP properly. I was asked to configure it to authenticate with the local DB and LDAP. Based on another thread I made the following changes:

Using the web admin console this was changed

FROM

provider.auth.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

TO

provider.auth.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider

FROM

provider.user.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider

TO

provider.user.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridUserProvider

ALSO added these

hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

hybridUserProvider.primaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider

hybridUserProvider.secondaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultUserProvider

I then added four rows to the ofproperty table

provider.user.className = org.jivesoft.openfire.user.HybridUserProvider

provider.auth.className = org.jivesoft.openfire.user.HybridAuthProvider

hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className = org.jivesoft.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className = org.jivesoft.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

After rebooting the server I can’t log in using the local admin account or an AD account. Could someone tell me how to fix this so I can login using both local DB users and AD network accounts? Is there a way to validate that Openfire is able to access the database?: The Openfire.xml file didn’t reflect the changes I made and another posting mentioned that the changes would be in the DB rather than the XML file, is that correct? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.