HybridAuthProvider broken in 3.6.0a?

I’m trying to configure the HybridAuthProvider in openfire 3.6.0a and it looks like there’s a classloader issue.

I’ve specified the following properties using the new database table (ofProperty):

provider.auth.className=org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider

hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className=org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.Defa ultAuthProvider
hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className=com.acme.ACMEAuthProvider

and I get:

2008.09.01 16:17:08 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider.(HybridAuthProvider.ja va:109)] Unable to load primary auth provider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider
. Authentication will be disabled.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

...snip...

It’s weird because DefaultAuthProvider is of course in lib/openfire.jar so I don’t understand why the classloader is not able to find the class. Thank you.

Hrm I agree. I don’t understand why it’s not working either. Can you show me more from beyond the snip?

Never mind. Editing the error.log with vim, I noticed somehow a ^M had snipped at the end of the string representing the full classname. I updated the row with the property value removing the ^M and of course it works now. My fault, sorry. Thanks by the way.

Hey, any news that comes out good news is good to hear. =) Thanks for letting me know!

Can you tell me how you configured it?

• Which server properties and which changes to the openfire.xml?

Thanks…

John