I am confused about filter sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

I used sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver connect to the mdb file directly,but in setup-datasource-standard.jsp “sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver” is filtered for some season, I know that wildfire is support an embedded-db. but sometimes we can use mdb normally.

there are no comment about that.

Message was edited by: Daniel Chen

Hi Daniel,

do you hit this problem during the initial setup?

Did you use “Standard Database Connection” and did hit then a problem?

LG

Yes, When I init my wildfire server, I type drivername as “sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver”, It return a errormessage as “Please enter a valid JDBC driver class”; I look up source code it filter “sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver” and say that is “a valid JDBC driver class”, I have aleady change source code to fit my demand, It just a confuse, no trouble or problem, I just want to know the reason, maybe it will be a little secret, hehe.

Thanks LG…

Hi Daniel,

would you please the diff so Gato or Matt can change the code.

Officially db2,hsqldb,mysql,oracle,postgresql,sqlserver and sybase are supported, for other databases like derby or mdb (whatever it is) no scripts exist to create the database.

LG

The JdbcOdbc bridge has always been extremely buggy, so we don’‘t support it in Wildfire. It sounds like you’‘re trying to use Microsoft Access as your database? That just won’'t work. A few thing you can try instead:

Regards,

Matt