I am unable to login to the admin gui

I need some help. I am unable to login to the admin site. All clients are working fine. They connect with their domain login using Spark.
The boss is screaming for a chat log so any help I can get will be great.

warn.log

2017.12.28 14:40:26 org.jivesoftware.admin.LoginLimitManager - Failed admin console login attempt by administrator from 10.0.0.155
2017.12.28 14:40:39 org.jivesoftware.admin.LoginLimitManager - Failed admin console login attempt by kcurtis from 10.0.0.155
2017.12.28 14:40:44 org.jivesoftware.admin.LoginLimitManager - Failed admin console login attempt by klong from 10.0.0.158

openfire.xml;

<jive> 
  <adminConsole> 
    <!-- Disable either port by setting the value to -1 -->  
    <port>9090</port>  
    <securePort>9091</securePort> 
  </adminConsole>  
  <locale>en</locale>  
  <!-- Network settings. By default, Openfire will bind to all network interfaces.
      Alternatively, you can specify a specific network interfaces that the server
      will listen on. For example, 127.0.0.1. This setting is generally only useful
       on multi-homed servers. -->  
  <!--
    <network>
        <interface></interface>
    </network>
    -->  
  <!-- SPDY  Protocol is npn.
    	(note: npn does not work with Java 8)
    	add -Xbootclasspath/p:/OPENFIRE_HOME/lib/npn-boot.jar to .vmoptions file    -->  
  <!--
    <spdy>
    	<protocol>npn</protocol>
    </spdy>
    -->  
  <!-- XEP-0198 properties -->  
  <stream> 
    <management> 
      <!-- Whether stream management is offered to clients by server. -->  
      <active>true</active>  
      <!-- Number of stanzas sent to client before a stream management
    			 acknowledgement request is made. -->  
      <requestFrequency>5</requestFrequency> 
    </management> 
  </stream>  
  <connectionProvider> 
    <className>org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider</className> 
  </connectionProvider>  
  <database> 
    <defaultProvider> 
      <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>  
      <serverURL>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openfire?rewriteBatchedStatements=true</serverURL>  
      <username encrypted="true">cf9b765b38a515a3ceb2afdccdd3c6801b11c2c1449c15d21a02d1f242bf3be3</username>  
      <password encrypted="true">a82b4a55ba474c26a7ea38887a6ad9b87d38ebb9ec657137</password>  
      <testSQL>select 1</testSQL>  
      <testBeforeUse>false</testBeforeUse>  
      <testAfterUse>false</testAfterUse>  
      <minConnections>5</minConnections>  
      <maxConnections>25</maxConnections>  
      <connectionTimeout>1.0</connectionTimeout> 
    </defaultProvider> 
  </database>  
  <setup>true</setup> 
</jive>

The default account name for the admin console is: admin

Even when you are setup using AD/Domain?

I was able to get into the database with phpmyadmin and in the ofuser I see that admin with a plainPassword of just ‘admin’ but that does not seem to get my into the system either

2017.12.29 09:26:18 org.jivesoftware.admin.LoginLimitManager - Failed admin console login attempt by admin from 10.0.0.158

In case someone else runs into this issue when using AD, here is what I did to fix it.

1. I used webmin to view the database. I opened/viewed ofProperty. All of the information will need is in there
  • SSH into the server
  • as root
  • copied openfire.xml to a back up area just in case
  • in /usr/share/openfire/conf/ I open ‘openfire.xml’
    • change true to false
  • service openfire restart
  • now in the browser it goes right to the new setup. I use the database view to fill in any information I may not be sure of.

Can you please mention property name and value, which you have modified in ofProperty? And request to tell us which xml tag value modified from true to false in openfire.xml.

“in /usr/share/openfire/conf/ I open ‘openfire.xml’
change true to false”

the setup tag at the bottom