I-Ball Chat Auditor no longer works with 3.2

I just upgrade my server to the lastest 3.2 version and, among other problems, I couldn’'t launch the I-Ball pluging.

Thanks

2007.02.09 18:41:33 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java: 87) Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must matc

h “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.

2007.02.09 18:42:58 com.etranscor.wildfire.plugin.iball.ChatAuditProvider.current(ChatAuditProvider. java:88)

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.database.AbstractConnection.prepareStatement(AbstractConnectio n.java:36)

at com.etranscor.wildfire.plugin.iball.ChatAuditProvider.current(ChatAuditProvider .java:76)

at com.etranscor.wildfire.plugin.iball.ChatAuditorPlugin.initializePlugin(ChatAudi torPlugin.java:89)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:280)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:135)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:142)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2007.02.09 18:42:58 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.isSQLCommandPart(Ljava/lang/Strin g;)Z

at com.etranscor.wildfire.plugin.iball.ChatAuditProvider.loadTables(ChatAuditProvi der.java:155)

at com.etranscor.wildfire.plugin.iball.ChatAuditorPlugin.initializePlugin(ChatAudi torPlugin.java:93)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:280)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:135)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:142)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

There were some big changes in Wildfire API, so some plugins stopped to work and even caused server not to work correctly. Plugins should be updated, and they were. Except that I-Ball development is in freeze (this plugin was made by a comunity member, not the official developers), so you should stay with Wildfire 3.1.1 or remove that plugin.

Thank’‘s for your reply. I’'m just considering to update my Wildfire or discard this I-Ball functionality…

Are there any other solution similar to I-Ball Auditor that works fine this 3.2?

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I’'m not using iBall but here is an idea. Try creating manually the iballChatVersion table (and any other required table) and run the plugin again. It seems that the problem happens when trying to create the required tables.

Regards,

– Gato

rafa, just wondering how you got on with this. We’'re about to look at this issue here. Did you find a solution or any other i-ball esque apps outthere?

Cheers

wookey

Second follow up for the group. Did anyone find a solution for this? I just upgraded to 3.2.4 yesterday and my I-ball auditor no longer shows.

Though I can search the flat file, this is generally unacceptable to the managers that have to try to search these chat logs.

Any information from anyone?

I too would be interested in any fixes for this. I need a simple to run and read chat auditor that iball was for me. Any ideas???

rey68 wrote:

I too would be interested in any fixes for this. I need a simple to run and read chat auditor that iball was for me. Any ideas???

if you can code a little bit you can use netlog (http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/display/WILDFIRE/Non-Jive*Wildfire*Plugins) but it dosn’‘t support the database yet and the ascii files are becomming pretty long … but since i’‘ve had no time yet i’‘ve not develoted it to work with db’'s and a better to read interface … but you can obtain the source from there and start to code your own gui

Unfortunately I am a complete Noob and have no coding experience. I love the product however just need certain plugins badly. The auditor is one of them. Thanks

i checked the i-ball files with a hex-editor, and i almost assume , that it works if the path ‘‘wildfire’’ in the classes would be replaced with ‘‘openfire’’, but i am not a java coder, and have no idea how to do those changes…

anybody out there who can try this?

did you find a solution yet?

Hey guys,

I think that we are facing 2 different problems with this plugin.

Problem 1: Table not found in statement SELECT * FROM iballChatVersion

This error means that the plugin expects to find a table that does not exist. Try creating that table manually, restart the server and see how it goes. People running Openfire 3.3.0 will also have Problem #2.

Problem 2: Plugin is no longer compatible. It will fail to load

Package names have change to reflect new product name. That is why ALL plugins need to be updated. I would recommend contacting the developer of the plugin and offer to upgrade it. I don’'t have the source code at hand of that plugin but it is only a matter or renaming the package org.jivesoftware.wildfire to org.jivesoftware.openfire and then recompile the plugin.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi,

I checked the plugin source code, renamed the packages to OpenFire and recompiled the plugin against the openfire 3.3 source code but I don’‘t have a testing machine. If you’‘d like to give it a try and give feedback, here’'s the compiled jar file

iball_auditor.jar

if it works I’'ll go ahead

br,

Nik

P.S.: Build with JDK version 1.5.0_09 on a windows machine

strats up, and shows as loaded plugion, but does not seem to grab the data from the message auditor…

iball seems to work ok with 3.2.4.

I had a running install with 3.1.1 and iball.

Just did the upgrade to 3.2.4, messages made within chat rooms are logged to the database correctly.

Rather, the web interface I have to search/display the logged conversations is still working correctly. I’'m not sure if there have been any changes to what specifically is logged.

Sup!

Anybody here who is able to take over of the i-ball plugin and make it work with OpenFire 3.3.x?

Is it really that difficult?

The source files are here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=158615

I have no experience with java at all… Help needed for many of us

anybody? there must be somebody out there who knows enough about plugins to modify the i-ball chat plugin.

i guess nobody is interested in updating the i-ball chat auditor?

did warrior_deluxe’'s recompiled version work? I dare not try it, since I am running wildfire 3.0 with iball now. I would love to upgrade to the newer versions, but I need this plugin working. Can someone please let me know if the recompiled version works? Thanks!

i tried it, but it did not work. it loaded fine, and showed up as ‘‘i-ball 2’’ in the plugin list, but nothing got recorded.

So sadly: i have no clue what the status is, other then: the current versions seem not to work.

it can’'t be that much work to modify the old plugin… Moderators and Programmers, please help us out here

Thanks