I can't connect with Pidgin Client on Openfire Server

Hello, how are you?
I need your help on an error that I try to try to connect the pidgin customer openfire server.
The openfire new server was installed , I made no configuration , just created some groups and users, and admin that already exists.
I believe that is a certification issue, security.
The client shows me the following error:
The server closed the connection.

When attempting to connect generates the following log in /var/log/openfire/warn.log:

#####################################################

2016.03.21 18:07:44 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler - Closing connection due to exception in session: (0x000000B8: nio socket, server, /192.168.56.102:56650 => /192.168.56.101:5223)

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslFilter.messageReceived(SslFilter.java:487)

at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(D efaultIoFilterChain.java:417)

at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1200(DefaultIoFilt erChain.java:47)

at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceiv ed(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:765)

at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterEvent.fire(IoFilterEvent.java:74)

at org.apache.mina.core.session.IoEvent.run(IoEvent.java:63)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Ordere dThreadPoolExecutor.java:769)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTasks(Order edThreadPoolExecutor.java:761)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(OrderedThr eadPoolExecutor.java:703)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

at sun.security.ssl.EngineInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(EngineInputRecord.java :171)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:854)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:767)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:624)

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:728)

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslHandler.unwrapHandshake(SslHandler.java:666)

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslHandler.handshake(SslHandler.java:552)

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslHandler.messageReceived(SslHandler.java:351)

at org.apache.mina.filter.ssl.SslFilter.messageReceived(SslFilter.java:468)

… 9 more

#####################################################

something with SSL : (line)

#########################

…SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed…

#########################

As installed from the beginning, it should be necessary to have some setting that I have not done

I appreciate everyone’s help right now!!

Thanks

OBS: Um pequeno porém, agora que fui ver que trata-se de um “canal” brasileiro. Hehehehhe

Puro google tradutor!

Mensagem editada por: Jonas Moura

You appear to be connecting to the wrong port. Typically, you want to use 5222, not 5223.

Port 5223 is reserved for an “old style” of SSL (that’s how pidgin calls it). Openfire does support this, but you appear not to have selected that option.

for new version 4.0.2 - either port doesn’t work

i had to downgrade back to 4.0.1 for clients to connect

I change of 5222 to 5223 and 5223 to 5222… and not getting results!

But when I created a new virtual machine and remade using version 4.0.1 everything worked normally. But still I think it is a specific configuration in the most current version.

Thank you all!

Interesting. For me Pidgin (and other libpurple based clients started to hang since 3.10.3 version, same with 4.0.2) [OF-980] Pidgin hangs or have other problems after 3.10.3 update - Jive Software Open Source

Windows 7 x64