I get an offline mesage from Openfire

Saying server or plugin update was found: Openfire 3.5.2, is that the latest version of Openfire? If it is how do I get it? My list of available plugins hasn’t changed.

That is a notification of a new version of the server. You need to go to the downloads page, http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp, to get that update and install it. You can turn that notification off in the server admin web page.

Is that stable? Also do server updates require any downtime?

Thanks man.

It seems stable to me and yes it will cause you about 5 minutes of downtime.

Thanks man. I downloaded it but how to upgrade? Through the plugin menu?

You just need to run the installer file it shoul be fairly automatic. I am not sure about linux installs as I have not run it in those environments. The documentation states this for linux:

Stop Openfire. Backup the Openfire installation directory. Backup the Openfire database. Note that the embedded database is backed up in step 2. Install the new RPM. Execute rpm -Uvf openfire-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm to update your current install Start Openfire.

I downloaded the .tar.gz file, I am assuming the process is the same? You may or may not know, you work for ignite?

Thanks.

No I do not work for ignite. This is the directions for that file:

• Stop Openfire.

• Backup the Openfire installation directory. This step is critical because the data will be overwritten with the new .tar.gz install.

• Backup the Openfire database. Note that the embedded database is backed up in step 2.

• Install the .tar.gz file (extract it over the current directory).

• Copy the conf directory from the backup to the installation directory.

• Copy the embedded-db directory from the backup to the installation directory.

• Copy the enterprise directory from the backup to the installation directory, if it exists.

• Copy the plugins directory from the backup to the installation directory except for plugins/admin.

• Copy modified files located in resources/security from the backup to the installation directory.

• Start Openfire