I have an Extra SparkWeb Link

After I upgraded to Openfire 3.4.1, I got an extra Sparkweb link on the Enterprise tab.

It appears on the bottom and goes to http://server:9090/plugins/enterprise/sparkweb/

I don’t know how to get rid of it. I tried searching the java scripts and xmls that create the menu on the left, but no luck.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Look at the attached picture to see what I’m talking about.

Hey Toua Yang,

Openfire Enterprise 3.4 and later include the new web client called SparkWeb. Why would you want to hide that link to the client? Admins can use it to locate where the client was installed and give that information to their users.

Regards,

– Gato

I don’t want to hide it. I was just wondering why I have 2 links in the menu.

Look at the picture.

I have tried uninstalling the plugin, but it won’t uninsall. How would I uninstall the sparkweb plugin manually?

I think what happed was, since Openfire 3.4 and above includes the sparkweb plugin already, when I upgraded to 3.4.1 from

3.3.3, it installed another sparkweb plugin in addition to the sparkweb plugin I already had. Could that explain why I have

two sparkweb links in the Enterprise menu?

Hey Toua Yang,

Oh I see the repeated menu item now. Stop the server and delete the sparkweb.war file. SparkWeb is now included in the enterprise.jar file. Also note that the new SparkWeb included in Openfire Enterprise is implemented in Flex/Flash while the old one was implemented in AJAX.

Regards,

– Gato

Can’t stop the server now, but I’ll try it over the weeked to see what happens.

Thanks.