In the other thread i’'ve said:

a contact that’'s offline is shown as offline (no presence icon near) in General group, though it should be in Offline group

Probably not the Spark issue. Because it happens after server restart (or just fresh start). If i start Spark after server’‘s fresh start i has that offline ICQ contact in General Group, if i relogin it dissapears. If i restart server with SPark running, after relogining there is no that offline contact in General group. But if i exit Spark prior to restarting server and then login there would be that offline contact in General Group. Only one and the same for couple of months. Isn’'t that a wildfire-gateway issue? Maybe something messed up in db?

When you say it’‘s showing up in the General group, and not the offline group, are you saying it’‘s showing as online? If the contact’‘s status is unavailable and it’‘s still showing up in the General group, that’‘s a cliemt-ism. The offline group has nothing to do with the XMPP server or Gateway plugin. (it’'s not a real group, just a way of separating offline from online contacts)

as i’‘ve quoted this contact is offline and is shown as offline (no status bubble next to it) but somehow it’‘s shown between online contacts. I’'m using gateway with Spark only, so i dont know how it behaves in other clients. Here sc: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5215/sparkofflineissuemi0.jpg

But this is only happening if i close Spark, stop server, start server, start Spark. If i leave Spark running it will reconnect and will show everything fine. Or i can stop and start Spark while server is runing and it will show everything fine. So something is wrong happening when server is first starting, or something wrong is sent when to a Spark when it connects for a first time after server startup.

And like I said, the plugin has nothing to do with the offline “group”.

jadestorm wrote:

And like I said, the plugin has nothing to do with the offline “group”.

Ok, but gateway still needs to interect with a client somehow. Who is telling Spark (or other client) that some ICQ contact is offline, so then client itself is making decisions and in Spark case it puts such contact in Offline group. As i understand.

Gateway pulls presence status from ICQ server. ContactA - online, ContactB - offline, ContactC - offline. And gateway says to a Spark - ContactA - online, ContactB - offline, ContactC - offline. So Spark puts ContactA in General group, ContactB in Offline group, ContactC…eerrr… in General group. So maybe gateway is saying something wrong? As it is showing the same contact for a long way, maybe something is wrong with this contact. Maybe i will try to delete it and check what will happen in Spark. You are saying that gateway has nothing with Offline group, but Spark has nothing with General group either. Why would it put this offline contact there? So far i’‘m just trying to understand, not technically, but logically why this is happening. I’‘m not seeing such weirdness with jabber contacts, so in some way (even if this is Spark issue) it’'s connected with gateway

You said the contacts are showing as unavailable, that means the plugin has told the client “hey this person is offline”, at this point it’‘s up to the client to do the right thing. Like I said, the Offline group isn’‘t a group. It’‘s just a “place on your roster list” to put offline contacts. All of the contacts in yor offline group are in actual “real” groups, but those are ignored for the purposes of hiding them in an offline section. So your contact that’‘s in, say, General, is in General whether he’‘s showing in General or Offline. It’‘s just that Spark, or various other clients do that too, has chosen to display the contact differently (read: in the Offline ‘‘group’’). The contacts that are showing in General were put there, effectively, by the IM Gateway plugin. (and various other groups) However, the client has chosen to handle Offline differently and is supposed to catch the fact that the contact is unavailable and put them in the Offline group. If you connect via other clients you’‘ll see differing behavior. Psi, for example, shows all of the contacts in their respective real groups at all times, and just hides them unless you choose “Show Offline Contacts” from the View menu. I’‘m almost positive I’'ve seen another client somewhere handle it like Spark, where instead of hiding offline contacts it puts them in a little separate section labelled offline.

The client miranda also after server restart moves to the general of group and loses adapted nik, on a roaster for one numbers who from them who is difficult to understand.

tbmos wrote:

The client miranda also after server restart moves to the general of group and loses adapted nik, on a roaster for one numbers who from them who is difficult to understand.

probably GATE-49

Occurs only after restart server. Contact leaf ICQ of transport means is not stored on a server? This one of the reasons why users in my network refuse from jabber. In Russia of users of 70 % IM - ICQ.

tbmos wrote:

Occurs only after restart server. Contact leaf ICQ of transport means is not stored on a server? This one of the reasons why users in my network refuse from jabber. In Russia of users of 70 % IM - ICQ.

Napishi latinicej po russki (kirillicu zdes ne pokazet) cto ty hocesh skazat, a to kakto trudno poniat

I kak tvoja problema sviazana s etoj temoj? Zdes obsuzhdajetca problema cto nedostupnyj kontakt pojavliaetca sredi dostupnyh v gruppe General.

U transporta est problema s nekotorymi kontaktami. Esli ICQ kontakt dobavlen s Mirandoj, to na servere ne sohraniaetca nik, ili ctoto v etom rode. Potomu, naprimer v moem slucae so Sparkom, eti kontakty podkliucajas cerez transport pokazyvajutca kak nomera (UIN). Togda nuzhno samomu vvesti nik odin raz i daze posle restarta servera dolzno sohraniatca. Po krainej mere u menia tak rabotaet so Sparkom. I v moem slucae eto tolko 4-5 kontaktov iz 20. Navernoe vse ostalnye byli kogdato dobavleny s originalnym ICQ klientom, potomu s nimi net problem.

A ta ssylka cto ja dal, eto kak raz ispravlenie etoj problemy, no poka eto ne vypolneno. Mozno golosovat za eto ispravlenie, ctoby ono stalo bolee prioritetnym.

Both GATE-49 and GATE-188 ;D My handling of OSCAR (aim/icq) contact lists is sucking. Need to “do it up right”.

Please let me know if there’'s anything I need to act on here. ;D I have no idea what this says.

jadestorm wrote:

Please let me know if there’'s anything I need to act on here. ;D I have no idea what this says.

I’'ve asked him to explain his issue in russian. I think he is speaking about “UIN instead of nickname” problem. In his case Miranda is the jabber client which is connecting to gateway as i understand. Anyway, this is not the right thread for that, i think.

jadestorm wrote:

Both GATE-49 and GATE-188 ;D My handling of OSCAR (aim/icq) contact lists is sucking. Need to “do it up right”.

GATE-188 … do i understand this right? you are going to put all contacts to one General group? Well, i dont have any groups in ICQ, so it wount change anything, but i think someone wount like this.

Ahhh, ok!

I think you are reading it as a “thing to do” instead of a “bug report”. =) The fact that it’‘s moving everything to General is a “bad thing” and what I intend to fix with GATE-188. But there’'s a lot of other issues with the OSCAR contact list support right now.

Ok! Essli restart servera,to krome togo,chto klient sletaet v General Group,on v mirande i teryet nik(razve ne po teme?prosto dobavlenie v sluchae s mirandoi),na rostere odni nomera.ICQ v seti mnoy zakryt,zastavlay rabotat tolko v jabber,a tut takay problema.

“Togda nuzhno samomu vvesti nik odin raz i daze posle restarta servera dolzno sohraniatca” -da tak i delali,sletaet.

“Esli ICQ kontakt dobavlen s Mirandoj, to na servere ne sohraniaetca nik, ili ctoto v etom rode” - da,? s “tkbabber” i “Gajim” sovsem plocho, i ne prochodit i avtorizacia.

“I v moem slucae eto tolko 4-5 kontaktov iz 20” - 50 2-3,useram trudno naiati svoi kontakt,a mne trudno vnedriat jabber,potomy sprosil,a gde sochraniaetcy kontakt-list icq transporta(Contact leaf ICQ of transport means is not stored on a server?)

(ispolzoval translit lingvo,a to moi perevodchiki v firme slichkom … tvoy post 1 obozvali bezgrammotnym s tochki zrenia engl.)

jabber:admin@tbmos.ru

Message was edited by: tbmos

tbmos wrote:

Ok! Essli restart servera,to krome togo,chto klient sletaet v General Group,on i teryet nik,na rostere odni nomera.ICQ v seti mnoy zakryt,zastavlay rabotat tolko v jabber,a tut takay problema.

A esli poprobovat pereimenovat odin kontakt s nomerom i restartovat server. Sohranitca li pereimenovanie? Kak ja uze pisal, u menia takaja problema byla tolko s neskolkimi kontaktami. I ja polzujus Spark klientom. Odin raz pereimenoval i bolshe ne pokazyvaet nomera.

Sletaet.Sdelal maket,na odnom servere w2k3 stoit icqklient “qip” 443 port,a na drugom servere w2k sp4,klient miranda,tak i testiruy.

Nu zdes mne uze slozhno ctoto otvetit. V moem slucae mozet Saprk sohraniaet vvedennyj nik. V liubom slucae nuzno novuju temu zavodit, potomu cto eta sovsem o drugom.