IM Gateway 1.1.0 Beta

I’'m sory, but what about IRC charset translation support, supposed to be implemented in the 1.1.x branch?

I’‘m focusing on making IRC as a whole not suck first. ;D I don’‘t have any ETA on encoding support. ( at this rate I may be switching libraries… the one I’'m using is kinda lame)

Attached is yet another brand new build. Deejay, that includes the change in timing on when the personal message setting occurs, so it might fix the issue you were seeing. (might, who knows)

Oops, stopped typing too early. Anyway, changes include:

• In ICQ, if contacts are “awaiting authorization”, they now show up with an “ask” status in the user’'s roster so that clients can show them appropriately.

• In MSN, it set the personal information before setting status, in case that’‘s what’'s causing the problem.

• In MSN, personal message is nulled out before logout sent.

Message was edited by: jadestorm
gateway.jar (730099 Bytes)

ICQ contacts still “awaiting authorization” but ICQ-users realy get auth-request… But when it accepted, gateway don`t change status of ICQ-contact…

Tested whith JAJC, Psi, Pandion etc…

is there a chance to get away from this duplicate presence messages on login ?

2007.06.04 12:08:39

i know it doesn’‘t matter on desktop clients, but on mobile handsets it’'s a problem.

normally one of these presence messages (available/unavailable) per contact schould be enough or i’'m wrong ?

Woohoo. Downloaded the latest one you posted. I am now able to login to the gateways. Will keep you updated about the yahoo 100% problem and any other problems i find.

Couple error messages for you that are thrown when changing status. Dont really see anything interesting in the debug log:

2007.06.04 08:44:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToOpe nfireAppender.java:49) error on process packet

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at org.openymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.06.04 08:44:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:203) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at org.openymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.06.04 08:46:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSession.updateStatus(Yaho oSession.java:416) Unable to set Yahoo Status:

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)

at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)

at org.openymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.transmitNewStatus(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.setStatus(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSession.updateStatus(Yah ooSession.java:409)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:305)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:166)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 306)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:231)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:200)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :266)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

these two lines were in the warning log:

2007.06.04 08:39:15 Don’'t know how to handle service type ‘‘UNKNOWN002’’. The original packet was: Magic:YMSG Version:0 Length:92 Service:UNKNOWN002 Status:1 SessionId:0xffffffffca8b9901

2007.06.04 08:39:15 Don’'t know how to handle service type ‘‘PING’’. The original packet was: Magic:YMSG Version:0 Length:18 Service:PING Status:1 SessionId:0xffffffffca8b9901

Message was edited by: snowman386

I’'ve just installed the latest version (which looking at the file modification times seemed to install ok).

However, no change in behaviour; when I log out of MSN my status remains and the lag is about 60 seconds today on changing status messages.

nongrate wrote:

ICQ contacts still “awaiting authorization” but ICQ-users realy get auth-request… But when it accepted, gateway don`t change status of ICQ-contact…

Tested whith JAJC, Psi, Pandion etc…

Crap. =) GATE-234

notz wrote:

is there a chance to get away from this duplicate presence messages on login ?

i know it doesn’‘t matter on desktop clients, but on mobile handsets it’'s a problem.

normally one of these presence messages (available/unavailable) per contact schould be enough or i’'m wrong ?

Lemme ask you something, if someone sends a message to you, do you get multiple copies? One of my friends is seeing that and I can’‘t track down what’‘s going on. Of course I’'ve never heard of that with MSN, only AIM.

That said, I’‘d need to see more of the actual log to determine what’‘s happening here. If there were literally a couple of probes sent then you are going to get a couple of resposes. If you wouldn’‘t mind, send me a full copy of your debugging logs to my email address and I’'ll see if I see something.

no, i don’'t get duplicate messages only duplicate presences.

is there any reason that all gateway contacts changed their subscription from “both” to “to” on the version posted: Jun 3, 2007 5:51 AM ?

Yes, because I made them do that. =) “both” causes a lot of unnecessary traffic to be passed between the client and the plugin. More importantly, it also makes it so that I can’‘t provide “X user added me” functionality if say you are subscribed to a person and they go to add you. If I have both there, Openfire won’'t let through the notification.

notz wrote:

no, i don’'t get duplicate messages only duplicate presences.

Can you get me a copy of the debug logs then so I can see if I can tell what’'s going on?

Hrm. The OpenYMSG team is looking into some of the Yahoo issues. I’'ll wait and see what they come up with.

Deejay, I don’'t understand the delays. Is anyone else at all seeing it?

Daniel - my server is internet accessible. Want a test account?

Well… I mean sure, but looking at logs and comparing as things happen would be the best for me to try to track down the behavior. (and especially a tcpdump as well) ponder Ok, if you don’‘t mind, let me have an account on yours and by the same token, let me set you up with an account on mine and see if you see the same behavior. (I’‘ll pre-warn you that I’‘ll erase the account after we’‘re done testing, my server is private =) ) I’'ll private message you with details.

Hello,

With this release I’'m getting triplicate responses from my AIM contacts. When I send a message it just goes through once, but any responses I receive in triplicate (kinda annoying :smiley: ). Any logs or anything you need?

Thanks,

Chad

Ok, that’‘s excellent … hrm that sounds kinda bad. lol I say that because, a friend of mine is also getting triple, where I am not. It’‘s good to know it’'s not limited to just one person. So… lessee… let me start gathering some ‘‘vitals’’ from you two and contrast and compare.

If Linux, what distribution:

Java version: (can get from admin console)

Openfire version:

Did you see this in 1.0.2 or earlier:

Do you have debug logging enabled and, if so, would you be willing to send me a copy of the debug logs (to my email address):

What XMPP client are you using:

Are you logged into Openfire from only one location at the same time? (multiple resources)

Java version: 1.5.0

Openfire version: 3.3.1 Enterprise

Did you see this in 1.0.2 or earlier: Nope

Do you have debug logging enabled and, if so, would you be willing to send me a copy of the debug logs (to my email address): Yes, though I think I sent those to you this weekend.

What XMPP client are you using: mcabber 0.9.1

Are you logged into Openfire from only one location at the same time? Yes, only one location.

I also had weird crashy problems after moving to 1.1.0-beta (the latest one in this thread, though it happened with the previous 1.1.0-beta too). I didn’‘t get any logs from it, though. Basically I’‘d be chatting away (not sure what other users on my server were doing at the time) and I’‘d just suddenly get disconnected. The system load would rise pretty high, and I’‘d be unable to get into the admin console or to log back in. I had to restart the server and everything was fine until the next time it crashed. I went back to 1.0.2 and haven’'t had the problem again.

MysticOne