IM Gateway / AIM + Monitoring Service = No AIM

I thought i would just throw this out there. I recently upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5.1 and decided to enable the monitor service. Once i did this none of my clients could connect through the IM gateway to aim. If i deleted the monitoring service all the connections came back to life. I am using Spark 2.5.8 on the clients. Its not really a huge deal but it is annoying. I am not sure if this is an IM Gateway issue (i think i remember seeing something about monitoring not liking something about AIM) or if its a monitoring issue.

Hi! We’re starting to see a couple of issues with the monitoring plugin as it was separated from Enterprise. Gato is investigating them at the moment. Unfortunately, the code that fixed the problem can’t be copied to open source because it uses coherence pieces, so we’ll have to come up with an alternate solution.

I just noticed that I can’t duplicate this behavior on my own server. I have the IM Gateway plugin and monitoring installed and everything is running smoothly. What OS/Java version/amount of memory on server? Any error logs? Could you go into a little more detail about what you mean by all of the connections came back to life? It turns out that this issue may not be related to the other issue we were seeing.

What essentially happened is this. Everything ran fine, my spark client from my desktop could connect to AIM, Yahoo!, Gtalk, and Jabber.

I did the upgrade to 3.5.1 (through the deb package) and had to re-activate the IM gateway plugin. At this time i also started up the monitoring plugin. From here on i was unable to connect to AIM, but i was able to connect to Yahoo! Gtalk and Jabber. HOWEVER, Spark thinks that it is in fact logged into AIM.

I tried restarting the plugin to no avail. I finally removed the monitoring plug, signed out of AIM and back in and all of my AIM contacts appeared. This morning when i logged in AIM was not up, and I had to sign out then sign back in which allowed me to see all my contacts. Maybe it is a Spark issue? Regardless, system info follows.

hw: dual p4’s with a gig of ram.

java:

1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver:

jetty-6.1.x

Plugins installed:

email listener (oddly it will not let me remove this)

IM gateway

there are errors! (only those in red, would you like everything, eg red and black?

2008.05.01 15:27:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:110)java.lang.AbstractMethodError:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARTransport. resourceBound(Lorg/jivesoftware/openfire/session/Session;)Vat org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEve ntDispatcher.java:79)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:140 )at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:49)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:349)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)< span class=“hilite”>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:299)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:264)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:163)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)

I am seeing the same problem, but I don’t have hte monitoring plugin enabled. Having an AIM gateway enabled prevents clients from logging in with the exception as noted in this thread.