Hi folk! Something changed in the minimum client version requirements for MSN over the past couple of days and as a result, I am putting out a new version of the plugin to compensate. That said, the new version accounts for quite a bit more than just the MSN fix. There have been quite a few bug fixes and improvements that can be read about in the change log, but I wanted to touch on one in particular. Before I get into that, you can, as always, download the new version of the plugin here.
The new feature I wanted to touch on is that SIP/SIMPLE support has been added, thanks to the work of Patrick Siu and Ravin Dimantha. Now, I don’‘t have a lot (read: any) of experience with SIP/SIMPLE, so I haven’‘t had much luck testing out the support. It’‘s one of those issues where I kind of "don’‘t understand" SIP/SIMPLE enough to know how to test it right. I set up an openser server that has dev SIMPLE support but haven’‘t had a ton of luck, except for connecting to it from X-Lite 3.0 and Gaim 2. Anyway, I’‘d like to ask folk who are familiar with SIP/SIMPLE to please give me whatever feedback you have: if it works, if there was something odd in it’'s behavior, that sort of thing. There are a few known issues with it.
Anyway, the next release of the plugin is likely going to be a 1.0 release candidate, and I hope to have it out over the next couple of weeks. Also note that there were a couple of issues that I believe are taken care of but I could never reproduce in the first place so… I’'m relying on you all to tell me “this is still broken” if I closed the issue. ;D
Thanks folk and enjoy!!