IM Gateway Plugin 1.2.0 released!

I just realized that I hadn’t posted an announcement about 1.2.0 being released! It’s pretty straightforward though … this new release adds support for Buddy Icons (retrieving from legacy service, not setting yours and having people on the legacy service see it, that’s targeted for 1.2.1). If you notice things not behaving as you would expect, let me know! The release also includes all of the fixes mentioned with 1.1.4: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/29844

This release will only work with Openfire 3.4.0. Due to API changes, it is not compatible with anything earlier. It can be found from the standard plugins download page, and also installable from the admin console.

As is often the case, you may run into a situation where the old version does not uninstall correctly before the new one attempts to install itself. Usually the best procedure is to delete gateway.jar, wait for the gateway directory to vanish, and then install the new one.

jadestorm wrote:

As is often the case, you may run into a situation where the old version does not uninstall correctly before the new one attempts to install itself. Usually the best procedure is to delete gateway.jar, wait for the gateway directory to vanish, and then install the new one.

and when will be this fixed?

I just created an issue for it and assigned it to myself. ;D To be frank, it’ll probably be high on my list because I grow weary of having to address this -every time-. See JM-1170