IM Gateway Plugin 1.2.2 released!

Hi folk! The IM Gateway Plugin version 1.2.2 has been released! This release fixes the nasty bug where MSN avatar support would leave file handles laying around, eventually crippling openfire/your system. It also fixes a number of outstanding bugs, which are probably most easily read over in the changelog: http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins/gateway/changelog.html

You can download the new version of the plugin here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp

Or just update it via the automatic update mechanisms in your admin console. =)

Updating via admin console is broken, you know that. It says Completed, but IM Gateway dissapears from Plugins page. I still has to restart server after that (and it says about db upgrading 6 to 7). So it cant upgrade gateway db without server restart?

After this update one of my MSN contacts showed up with its original username, so i had to rename it again.

Jabber check

MSN check

ICQ check

Adding transport users check

Mailinfo check (Note to self: Disable that)

Heureka. It just works! …Out of the box! sniff might be my first time. Thanks mate! Enjoy your weekend! You earned it :stuck_out_tongue:

No server restart on my side needed.

Erm…one last question: The Yahoo Transport-“User” is gone (the Icon in Spark on top still shows up though). How do I get it back?

And one very very last: When I click the Icon in Spark all my logged in transports show the entry “log off” and that works fine. Only MSN shows “log in” even though its logged in. When I click it, it relogs in and done. Both not very important…I’m just curious.

wroot wrote:

After this update one of my MSN contacts showed up with its original username, so i had to rename it again.

I think GATE-374 was the cause. I think you some how should track if user have added custom nickname for that contact and then keep it like that no matter what changes were done on the other end. Some people like to change their nicknames quite often. And i like my roster to be permanent with the names i have selected.

In that case though, the nickname hasnt changed in the MSN land. It was added as name@mail.com and i have renamed it to Name. After gateway upgrade it has changed to name@mail.com. So, there were no changes in the MSN land.

Huh. Actually I am looking for custom settings before passing through the update through. I did quite a few tests to make sure that that worked as I expected it to. None-the-less, I see one of my custom ones changed as well.

I don’t know what you mean about the yahoo transport user. Did you unregister and reregister or something? The user only shows up if you register with a client other than Spark. (or register via the admin console) Spark does a “special thing” to keep those transport ‘users’ out of your roster.

The MSN thing is probably a timing issue. I think the Spark plugins should be loaded right at start before things start happening, but I don’t know how well this will work until I try it.

wroot the database should be updatable via a normal plugin update. I’ve yet to see anything not update automatically since the fix in Openfire in I think it was 3.4.2. None-the-less, it sounds like something got into an upset state, but without some sort of logs to tell me what might have happened, I’m not real sure what I can do about it. =/

Oh ok, then forget about the Yahoo user Yes I tried several clients, so I think I registered with some other. Yahoo is different as I deleted that one absolutely not long ago because of some issues and haven’t used anything but Spark since. So you say I can safely delete the others for Spark. Nice to know. Thank you.

The MSN showing no logoff seems to be an 3.1.08-issue as it is gone today (tried several restarts yesterday! Honestly!). As we are probably not going back to that date I consider it solved.

All errors since yesterday:

2008.01.03 18:19:45 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java:87)
] Line=19 The content of element type "dwr" must match "(init?,allow?,signatures?)".
2008.01.03 18:21:36 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.<init>(ConnectionPool.java:111)
] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f7cf94a6[file =C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file [C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck] is presumably locked by another process.
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.createCon(ConnectionPool.java:443)
at org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.<init>(ConnectionPool.java:88)
at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.start(EmbeddedConnectionProvider.java:75)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:459)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager.java:77)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:330)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:72)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties$JivePropertyHolder.<clinit>(JiveProperties.java:39)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:51)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getProperty(JiveGlobals.java:524)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initialize(XMPPServer.java:327)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:434)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.<init>(XMPPServer.java:155)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:105)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:50)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
2008.01.03 18:27:54 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java:87)
] Line=19 The content of element type "dwr" must match "(init?,allow?,signatures?)".

Warnings:

2008.01.03 18:18:29 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
2008.01.03 18:18:30 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
2008.01.03 18:20:01 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:20:09 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:20:17 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:20:25 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:20:33 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:20:53 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:21:01 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:21:09 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:21:18 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:21:26 Error unloading plugin gateway. Will attempt again momentarily.
2008.01.03 18:28:06 Missing type info for saveSettings(1<0>). Assuming this is a map with String keys. Please add to <signatures> in dwr.xml
2008.01.03 18:28:06 Missing type info for saveSettings(1<1>). Assuming this is a map with String keys. Please add to <signatures> in dwr.xml

jadestorm wrote:

Huh. Actually I am looking for custom settings before passing through the update through. I did quite a few tests to make sure that that worked as I expected it to. None-the-less, I see one of my custom ones changed as well.

Today i have launched Spark again and that MSN contact is showing with its original nickname again (name@mail.com). Though popup said “Name is Online”. So it has my custom nickname somewhere, but doesnt show it in roster. I can change it and restart Spark, and custom nick will be saved. But after server restart it is showing original nickname again.

As it is happening only with one MSN contact, maybe this is because that user doesnt have any nickname set up in MSN land. It only has a username name@mail.com. Other contacts has usernames, but also nicknames.

Anyone having problems with XMPP transport?

It was working fine in earlier release, then I just upgraded today to the latest one - everything I tested (MSN, ICQ, Google, Yahoo) seems to be working fine (better, perhaps) but XMPP transport has stopped working. I use it to connect to my office XMPP network and this will force me to rollback to previous version if I can’t find out what the real issue is.

I use Pandion, and when I check the Pandion debug log, I’m getting the following message: RECV: <message type=“error” from=“mylocalopenfiredomain” to=“myfulljid”><body>The password you registered with is incorrect. Please re-register with the correct password.</body></message>

I can login to the actualy server directly from the same pandion client with the same jid and password so that is surely not the real problem. The office xmpp network is on ejabberd.

Anyone see something similar?

I’ll check to see if there’s something in IMGateway debug log somewhere and post if I find, in a new thread.

That looks like the (inverted) problem I described here http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/30587?tstart=30 (End of the first page). It was changed in 1.2.2 so it works now with mine but seems again to break the ones needing the full ID…

Have you tried using your username@jabberserver instead of just the username?

Today i have launched Spark again and that MSN contact is showing with its original nickname again (name@mail.com). Though popup said “Name is Online”. So it has my custom nickname somewhere, but doesnt show it in roster. I can change it and restart Spark, and custom nick will be saved. But after server restart it is showing original nickname again.

As it is happening only with one MSN contact, maybe this is because that user doesnt have any nickname set up in MSN land. It only has a username name@mail.com. Other contacts has usernames, but also nicknames.

It’s happening to all my MSN contacts here, in both Spark, Psi and Gajim. It seems like custom nicknames just won’t stick.

Huh. wroot I’m seeing this behavior myself. That’s very annoying. =/ I might put out a 1.2.2a to fix just this issue.

I looked over my code and in theory it seems sound. Something is definitely not working right though. Arg. GATE-412

On a bright note, like I said, I can reproduce it, so that should help. ;D

I’m voting for this, but as for me, this can wait till 1.2.3. Dont know about the others.

one more thing, i have now logged in at work with old Gateway and i see that contact with name@mail.com. So Gateway is pushing nicknames to MSN server? So in that case (as i said this happens only with one MSN contact) at home, Gateway replaces custom nickname to default and saves that in MSN server as my custom nickname for that contact?