Importing Old Data from Embedded DB

Recently I modified the openfire.xml file while OpenFire was running(trying to change the username used to access Active Directory thru LDAP), and when I restarted the Openfire service I lost connectivity to the database. I’m not sure what happened but I ended up reinstalling Openfire(after backing up the entire /opt/openfire directory) and reconfiguring everything from scratch.

My question is: Is it possible to import the data from the old database into this new installation? We use the Archive plugin and would like access to those old conversations, also some of my users used the Notes feature in Spark, and apparently that data is stored in the Openfire db also.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

M@

Server particulars: Openfire 3.4.5 running on CentOS 5, JRE 1.6.0_03, Embedded DB

BUMP?

M@

What version of the server were you using before you did all this?

As mentioned above:

Server particulars: Openfire 3.4.5 running on CentOS 5, JRE 1.6.0_03, Embedded DB

M@

as long as you are running the same versions of server the database should be the same version as well. I would stop the server, copy the database directory from the original install into the new openfire install, restart the openfire server.

If that does not do it, stop the openfire server again, edit the openfire.xml to change the <setup> tag to read <setup>false</setup>, restart the openfire server, go to admin panel and step through the config. Most of your settings should be there as it was already configured.

That was all tried before reinstalling Openfire. As mentioned, after modifiying the openfire.xml file(I was simply trying to change the user used to access LDAP), Openfire was no longer able to access the database and I was forced to do a fresh install and recreate everything.

M@

editing the openfire.xml should not cause that. by placing the old database back in the new install and editing the openfire.xml to force a resetup of the system you should get the data back. There are no database management tools provided with openfire embedded database.