Importing UCC certificates into OpenFire

Hey all,

I’m a bit confused about the process of importing a UCC cert into Openfire. I’ve got a UCC cert from GoDaddy that we’ve used on a number of other servers in our environment that I’d like to import. I’ve already added GoDaddy’s intermdiate cert to the TrustStore, and I’ve imported the actual .crt file into the Keystore per the instructions in the SSL Guide, but I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do about the private key- the SSL Guide doesn’t mention anything about that part of the process.

I’ve also tried using the import-certificate.jsp page, but that never seems to work, either. Plus since I’ve got a UCC cert, when I look at the file itself, there are multiple entries containing BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE, so I don’t think the import-certificate.jsp page likes that.

When I try using the keytool to import the original exported PFX file from my Windows server, I get an error stating that it’s not an X.509 certificate. I’ve tried converting the thing to a .PEM and a .DER, but everytime I try importing those files, I get that same error about it not being an X.509 cert.

Any help here would be much appreciated!