Impossible to setup Wildfire

Hi,

I have a problem… I’'m on a linux OS (Debian 3.1) I setuped Wildire (in /opt/wildfire/). So, I lauched http://myhost.org:9090/ but on the third page i have this error : A connection to the database could not be made. View the error message by opening the “/logs/error.log” log file, then go back to fix the problem.

Here is the last lines of the error.log (impossible to copy/past with this soft so here is a screen ) :

Thx so much

NB : sorry i’'m not speaking english very well

Read the debian documentation on how to set up MySQL to allow connections from the network. I think by default, it will not allow network connections. You should read /usr/share/doc/mysql-server/README.Debian on your system for more details.

I can’‘t see the full error, but it looks like this is a MySQL permissions error. You need to make sure that you’‘ve setup MySQL to accept network connections from localhost or from where you’'re connecting Wildfire. Check out the MySQL documentation for the GRANT syntax.

Regards,

Matt

I don’'t found where must I change somethin to allow Mysql listenning on network… may you help me ?

First, check and see if it is at all. Run this command (as root): netstat -tlnp

It will list all listening tcp sockets. You should see a line that matches this:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7572/mysqld

If it says 127.0.0.0:3306 instead of 0.0.0.0:3306, thats ok, it just means only localhost is listening. You need to then edit /etc/hosts.allow and add a line like this:

mysqld: 127.0.0.1

If you dont have mysqld listening on any port, you need to edit /etc/mysql/my.cf and look for some “bind-address” line. You likely just want “bind-address = 127.0.0.1” . After making any changes to the my.cf file, you need to restart mysql for the changes to take effect.

The error still the same…

after a netstat -tlnp i have :

tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 3797/mysqld

In my.cf

bind-address is egal to 127.0.0.1

I add the lin in /etc/hosts.allow

Another idea maybe…

It is done !!! Roxxxxxxxxx

I setup mysql-connector-java and copy the jar file in javadir/lib/ext

Thx

When you say you set up mysql-connector-java, can you please advise how to do that?

Many thanks.

nm got it.