Incoming/Outgoing server sessions always zero

While going through the Openfire 3.4.0 beta2 test plan earlier today, I noticed that my incoming and outgoing sever session count is always 0 in both the clustering summary and the server session summary. Any ideas why this is? I can definitely communicate with users on other nodes with clustering enabled.

Hey Ben,

I guess you are referring to the clustering page in the admin console. The incoming and outgoing server columns are referring to server-2-server and not between cluster nodes. The idea of that table is to:

#1 Show you the cluster nodes that compose your cluster (each row represents a cluster node)

#2 Show you how each cluster node is doing. Here is where the clients and incoming/outgoing server columns are useful. These columns will show you how clients are being distributed across the nodes as well as server-2-server connections.

If you want to get more information about a node just click on the node. You will navigate to another page that will give you information about incoming and outgoing traffic, traffic rate, success rate and also information about the caches of that node.

Regards,

– Gato

Gato, thanks for responding. After looking at the test case again carefully, I think I was just confused by the wording. I’ll update my spreadsheet for that case!

Sweet. Thanks.

– Gato