Increase Chat log history

Is there a way to increase the chat log history of im conversations?

Thanks in advance.

In Spark, it should show all your history with that contact. Is this what you mean or something else?

I think he’s referring to history part showing in chat window. Actually this part could be even shorter, because it confuses users when old chat is shown in new chat window. I have created ticket for that: SPARK-983

rperez, there is a button in chat window toolbar (with a clock) which shows complete chat history.

How about “Decreasing” the amount of the log history? I have histories back to July 2008 showing. I don’t really need those.

How about “Decreasing” the amount of the log history? I have histories back to July 2008 showing. I don’t really need those.

What do you mean by “log history”? You mean not just quick history showing in the window but the whole history log? I think most of the users will want to keep all of their histories. Of course, there could be an option to delete unneeded history, or set a time span (months, days, etc. like in browsers) for history saving. But this could be a very complex task with the current implementation. Not sure it could be ever accomplished…

Specifically, I was talking about the log history when clicking on the little “page & clock” icon while in the instant message window. Sometimes, when clicking on it, I will see a full history from other users and sometimes I don’t. In the situations where I don’t receive it all, it seems to be consistent when I view other users whom I speak with daily, so the history is very long.

So, the idea is having that “chat history length” like you describe below, where I can filter out the amount of data that is returned when clicking the “page & clock” icon. I don’t want to delete past history, I just want a way to filter it to a smaller date range (i.e. past 3 months) so my computer doesn’t lock up trying to load 18+ months of chat history.