I’m all but certain that this has been discussed/fixed/written-off, but searching has produced either null results or the whole board. I’ve got xmpp handling in together in the registry (w7prof/64 if that makes a difference) and xmpp links are bringing Spark into focus, but not starting a new chat. It really looks like it might be a windows issue (read:my error) given the errors in the log.
For example (everything is hkcu\cmpp\shell\open\command)
default= “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\Spark.exe” “%1”
throws this in the spark log:
SEVERE: error parsing uri: “xmpp:user@server”
java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: “xmpp:user@server”
Unquoting %1 returns
SEVERE: Error settings font:
That’s with Spark running. Exit Spark and either reg setting brings up a new chat window with a user named “null” and produces no errors.
It really seems like I have it *almost *set up correctly. Also note that this is something I started on a whim last week (along with convincing outlook that it should use spark instead of lync, which is a whole different mess) and it turned into a grudge match over the weekend. So if it’s something that won’t work that’s fine, too, I’ll just go ocd over something else.