Initiating chat from uri

I’m all but certain that this has been discussed/fixed/written-off, but searching has produced either null results or the whole board. I’ve got xmpp handling in together in the registry (w7prof/64 if that makes a difference) and xmpp links are bringing Spark into focus, but not starting a new chat. It really looks like it might be a windows issue (read:my error) given the errors in the log.

For example (everything is hkcu\cmpp\shell\open\command)

default= “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\Spark.exe” “%1”

throws this in the spark log:

SEVERE: error parsing uri: “xmpp:user@server”

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: “xmpp:user@server”

Unquoting %1 returns

SEVERE: Error settings font:

java.lang.NullPointerException

That’s with Spark running. Exit Spark and either reg setting brings up a new chat window with a user named “null” and produces no errors.

It really seems like I have it *almost *set up correctly. Also note that this is something I started on a whim last week (along with convincing outlook that it should use spark instead of lync, which is a whole different mess) and it turned into a grudge match over the weekend. So if it’s something that won’t work that’s fine, too, I’ll just go ocd over something else.

Thanks!

Pseudo-update:

xmpp links work as predicted when using different clients (exodus and pandion), which makes me think I’m missing something in my build.

Full chunk of the parser error:

SEVERE: error parsing uri: “xmpp:user@server”

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: “xmpp:user@server”

at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChar(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URI.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ChatManager.handleURIMapping(ChatManager.java:823)

at org.jivesoftware.SparkStartupListener.startupPerformed(SparkStartupListener.jav a:35)

at com.install4j.api.launcher.StartupNotification$ListenerAdapter.startupPerformed (Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.Controller$StartupThread$1.run(Unknown Source)