Install open fire on web server

Hi,

I download the open fire and install on local host. but i want to host the same server on web server. so can any one suggest me how i host my local server to web server. whats is requirments for host on web server and which type of server like php iis server we need for host open fire.

Thanks

Openfire uses its own web server, jetty. There is no need for any other software to host the product on a web server.

Hi,

But i have a godaddy server and i want to install openfire server on godaddy server. then how i install this on my go daddy server.

Do you have an root or a user account on the server?

LG

Yes, i have a username password of my godaddy server.

Yes. i have username password of my Godaddy server.

Hi,

if you have root access you can simply install the rpm packets. Otherwise you may want to install the .tar.gz version.

See also Linux Installation Guide.

LG

if you are paying for shared hosting you cannot run this on godaddy. you need to have at a minimum virtual dedicated hosting plans with godaddy.

If i do not have a dedicated or virtual dedicated server and i want to install openfire server then what will i do?

can i install tar.gz file on server without dedicated server?

Thanks

Hi,

you can try this. You’ll notice then whether Openfire does start or not. And later you’ll notice whether there are limited resources which cause Openfire to run slowly.

So I don’t recommend that you install it, at least not for a production usage.

LG