Installing OpenFire 3.5.2

I recently installed OpenFire 3.6.0 but could not get the 1.1 monitoring plug-in to work despite repeated attempts. I decided to roll back to 3.5.2 and see if I could get 3.5.2 to work with the 1.0.1 monitoring plug-in. Unfortunately when trying to install 3.5.2 I recieve the following error during setup/config:

The Openfire database schema does not appear to be installed. Follow the installation guide to fix this error.

Now I’ve created the database following the instructions for database setup on the webpage to the letter, including running the openfire_sqlserver.sql file. What have I failed to do?

— Janus
openfire_i18n_sk.properties (182952 Bytes)

I had this same issue when I did not completly remove my openfire installation before installing 3.5.2.

in my redhat 5.1 enterprise installation I did “rpm -e openfire” then I removed the entire openfire directory from /opt/openfire.

not sure if that helps. you can also try just rerunning setup by opening /opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml in a text editor and finding the string “true” and just removing “true” saving the file and restarting openfire.