I’m a developer for Digsby, and while debugging a user’s problem connecting to a recently upgraded Openfire server (3.4.3 to 3.5.1) I found the following in a vCard response.
data before being fed into the parser:
The problem is that “& #0;” is not valid XML 1.0 (invalid character reference; not in the valid ranges for the construction of Char for XML)
This in turn breaks my parser (libxml2), which causes a disconnect.
I am aware the latest version is now 3.5.2, but looking through the commit history, I didn’t see anything that looked like it would solve the problem.
points of interest: revisions 8618 and 10506 (JM-1388) of XMLLightweightParser
Message was edited by: christopher
please note: added spaces between “&” and “#” so that it this would be visible. original data does not have a space.