Invalid user password...timeout issue?

Hello all,

I need a little help. I have a user that connects to our LAN via VPN and we get invalid user/password when I try to log in on her laptop. I thought maybe it was a timeout issue so I changed the response timeout to 20 seconds. That hasn’t helped. I’ve done some searching here and haven’t found anything that sounded promising.

One thing I just thought of…Does the Windows fire wall block this by default if it is on?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Cory

I think the problem is actually occuring at our Sonicwall. I’m still trying to figure out where to allow port 5222. If anyone has Sonicwall VNP experience and can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

Cory

Here is some more info: I have 5222 open on the firewall and I can see the client machine make a connection to the server using the netstat command. When this user logs into her laptop she logs on locally and then connects to our local domain via VPN. So, this makes me think that the problem is with the openfire server using ldap for authentication and her not really logging into the domain. BUT…I have no clue how to work around this.

think that the problem is with the openfire server using ldap for authentication and her not really logging into the domain

But are you using SSO (Single Sign On)? If not, then i dont think this could be a problem.

Thanks for the reply wr00t

No we don’t use SSO. she logs on locally to het laptop and connects to our LAN by VPN. then if she tries to use a server resource that requires AD authentication it prompts her. When signing into Spark I have tried user/password…domain\user/password… I still get invalid user/password every time.