IRC Issues in 1.1.0 Beta 3+

I’‘m not exactly sure what version I have now, so, 1.1.0 Beta 3+ sounds good. Today I’‘ve had this strange occurance where I part an IRC channel and then get disconnected from the IRC server. I don’‘t see any errors, but I do get an unavailable presence from everybody in the IRC channel/MUC (no role attribute, though). I also never get an unavailable presence from the MUC itself, but I don’‘t know if that’‘s normal or not. As such my client thinks I’'m still in the MUC/IRC channel.

It’‘s possible that this is a twofold issue. The IRC network (Freenode) might be disconnecting me for some reason, but I don’‘t see that since the gateway doesn’‘t pass on notices. But, on being disconnected, I’‘m not sure how gracefully it’‘s handling the disconnection anyway. I know this is still alpha/beta stuff, so I’‘m not complaining, just trying to help point out issues. I don’‘t see anything in the OpenFire logs pertaining to this, but I also don’‘t know what I should be looking for, so let me know if there’'s something I can look for there to help. Thanks!

MysticOne

Hey man, I believe I’‘ve fixed this in trunk. If you see me online tonight pop me a line and I’‘ll get you to try out an updated version. At the moment MUC support is a littttle one sided. I try to convert just about everything that comes from IRC into a MUC counterpart (some exceptions there that I haven’‘t gotten to, but overall lots has been done at this point), but I don’‘t handle a lot of incoming events just yet from the XMPP user. That’'ll come later though.

Daniel,

we have further tested MUC support using 1.1.0 Beta 3+ . The findings are in the same area as MysticOne already pointed out. Here are some infos for you:

• one can join more than one IRC channel

• when additional users join the chat room their presence is not noted and anything they type comes across as being typed by the initial user

I have also tried SIP/SIMPLE against MS LCS but did not get it to work. Maybe LCS does not use the SIP/SIMPLE standard.

Anyway thanks for the great plugin

Michael

This issue is actually fixed in trunk at the moment. =) Just need to get the memory issues worked out and I’'ll put out another release!

I have also tried SIP/SIMPLE against MS LCS but did not get it to work. Maybe LCS does not use the SIP/SIMPLE standard.

laugh Why does that not surprise me? We love you MS.

Daniel

grutto wrote:

Anyway thanks for the great plugin

Michael

Daniel,

we have further tested MUC support using 1.1.0 Beta 3+ . The findings are in the same area as MysticOne already pointed out. Here are some infos for you:

• one can join more than one IRC channel
  • when additional users join the chat room their presence is not noted and anything they type comes across as being typed by the initial user

Daniel,

found two interesting threads talking about MS LCS:

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/48

http://fixxxer.cc/pub/gaim-sip/simplep.pdf

Michael