Is pubsub going to make it into Smack 3.0.0?

Great news about the Smack 3.0.0 beta. It has been a long time coming. Please tell me that pubsub support is going to be part of the 3.0.0 GA. We have an immediate need for it and for ad-hoc command support.

The latest status on both:

Pubsub – we got a code contribution that seems very promising. It would need test cases and to be updated to the 1.8 version of the pubsub spec. We haven’'t had time to work on merging this code yet. Do you have any interesting in pitching in on that?

Ad-hoc commands – we also have a code contribution for this feature pending. It looks good in general, but will need a few more iterations before it can fully land.

So, I can’‘t promise that either will make it into 3.0.0, but we know there’'s demand for it.

Regards,

Matt

What about PEP? That’'s definitely the future for XMPP.

We won’‘t have time to write PEP for 3.0 ourselves, but it will be coming soon – most likely the 3.1 release. Smack 3.0 has been in the works for such a long time that I don’'t want the beta period to be too long.

Thanks,

Matt

I’'d be interested in looking at the code and helping out…

Gato – do you have the pubsub code drop handy so that we could post it in this thread?

Hi,

matt wrote:

Gato – do you have the pubsub code drop handy so that we could post it in this thread?

anything happened here? I am very interested in that code.

Regards

Mirko