Is Spark 2.6 B2 missing search.properties file?

I installed Spark 2.6 beta 2 and i can’t search for users any more. I get a message saying that it can’t contact the search service and I get this in the log:

Oct 2, 2008 9:09:11 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Search-Searvice-Error: Properties-file does not exist= D:\Documents and Settings\woodwc2\Spark\search.properties

Oct 2, 2008 9:09:11 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Unable to load search services.

service-unavailable(503)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.search.UserSearch.getSearchForm(UserSearch.java:84)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.search.UserSearchManager.getSearchForm(UserSearchManage r.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.SearchForm.(SearchForm.java:55)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchForm.showService(UserSearchFo rm.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchForm.(UserSearchForm.ja va:85)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchService.processQuery(UserSear chService.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchService.access$200(UserSearch Service.java:32)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchService$1.finished(UserSearch Service.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:138)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I looked for a search.properties and there is no such file. I created an empty file and re-started Spark and then the searching came up, but it only returns the JID, none of the other information.

I’m using Openfire 3.6.0a .

Everything works fine in 2.5.8

me 2 having this error

Search wprks fine for me with the latest svn version http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1822

It works for us too, but in logs this error is shown.

Well. If it works, then why bother? I mean, after using Openfire/Spark for 5 years i get used that those java apps generate a lot of errors all the time while working fine as it seems. I have posted a lot of threads with different errors in these forums, but usually didnt get much attention from the devs. Maybe those errors doesnt say much to them either.