Issue adding people who using the XMPP-Protocol

Hi there,

Im running the latest wildfire install on my linux server and it works well. But there is an issue that i dont understand. I can add people to my kontakt list who are using any xmpp-service. Let me give you an example of what i`m talking about:

I registered as a user on my wildfire install using the client Spark - works fine. People who are also registered as user at my Wildfire service i can directly add and talk to them.

If i want to add people who are also using an xmpp-service e.g. the service of “amessage.eu” something did not fit.

I tried an experiment my self: logged in via spark using my xmpp-service. additionally i logged in via pandion at my amessage.eu account. via spark i`m adding my amessage.eu account an it says “pending”. if i try to send a message to my amessage.eu account spark tells me that the contact are not online - but i am!

The other way round i add my spark user via my amessage.eu account an there it says “waiting for authorization” but at my spark account nothing appears. e.g. at my amessage account. Also i cant send a message from my amessage.eu account to my spark account.

That is really canfusing me cause i am using my amessage account to communicate with other people using the jabber-protocol - so this works.

the wildfire service on my linux server works fine with the msn transport from the IM-Gateway - but there i cant contact other user who are not registered to >my< jabber-server.

Hope anyone got the point and knows any futher help.

thanks in advance!

No reply?

So, in short, you can’'t get any information from/to other servers.

Look at the logs of your server. Make sure server to server communications on your server is enabled. Make sure your server isn’'t firewalled (do a “telnet yourserver.yourdomain 5269” from some outside machine to test that).

Additionally, check your DNS setup. A proper DNS setup is required even when you’'re the one to establish the connection (due to the dialback-authenticity check).

Right.

Except user who are registered to my Jabber-Server and the MSN-Transport works out as well.

All Options at the “Server-to-Server” panel are activated. (Its allowed for everyone to connect 5269)

Now follows a abridgement of the error.log:

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.03.18 16:01:38 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:258) Error trying to connect to remote server: de(DNS lookup: de:5269)

to tjava.net.UnknownHostException: de

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:184)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.03.19 16:26:36 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQBindHandler.handleIQ(IQBindHandler.java:55) Error during resource binding. Session not found in for key USER@dMY-SERVER.de/spark

Seems to me my server threw UnknownHostExceptions - but why?

Hope anyone can read something out - i can`t.

in responese DNS-Settings:

i got the following DNS-Zones activated on my VPS:

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: 5f12xfr5gvzbtf8 because of: responese DNS-Settings

Hi,

it looks like a DNS problem:

Error trying to connect to remote server: de(DNS lookup: de:5269)

it tries to connect to server “de” at port 5269.

but “de” could not be a servername

regards, mathias

Yes you are right.

Now i was able to figure that out of the debug.log:

2007.03.23 10:05:12 OS - Trying to connect to de:5269(DNS lookup: de:5269)

2007.03.23 10:05:12 Error sending packet to remote server:

Ok i got an DNS lookup error. But what to do with that.

How to fix that problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

the problem could be fixed by myself.

openfire was not installed under a specific domain peculiar under the ip-adress of the VPS. That caused the issue.

Thanks for any help!

Hello 5f12xfr5gvzbtf8

I’‘ve got exactly the same problem here (with*.de domains) but don’'t know how to fix it.

It would be nice if you could explain what you have done, so that I could try to fix that error here too.

My problem is, that I don’'t really understand what you meant with “not installed under a specific domain” ?

I mean you have to enter a domain in the setup steps. There I entered a domain like “abcdef.de”.

This domain is reachable under the IP adress of my server, so everything should be ok, shouldn’'t it?!?

I hope you are going to read that again and help me

Thanks a lot

Magath

Sorry for a bad english, but I’‘m german and it’'s a long time ago I used my english skills