Issue not showing contacts?

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having, Currently installed openfire server on ubuntu 18.04 with LDAP and it reads the users correctly, the issue is that when i want to share the contacts, so i added the users in the group and share it correctly but it still shows on the spark client as no users any ideas? whats odd on the users section it shows that it does not belong to any groups

Thank you

Is any user actually online? I think by default it doesn’t show offline users. Check the settings in Contacts menu.

sorry for the reply, didnt get an alert on the forum, correct im trying it out both users are online but does not show any ideas what else i missed?

@wroot https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/29992-setting-up-open-fire-for-ldap
i tried that tutorial but also wont seem to show the contact list very odd not sure what im missing?

bump anyone?

Looking at your screenshot, you do seem to have users in a group (they’re shown at the bottom of the screenshot), but:

• they seem to be offline (the status indicator icon is gray, not green)
  • they have a very funky address. They username-part (everything before the ‘@’ character) appears to be a DN, while the domain is an IP address. That does not seem right. You’d expect something like guus@example.org instead.

thanks for the reply so the issue was that i had Posix Mode On and had to turn it off, but whats odd is that when i create a user or add it to a group i have to restart openfire to get the settings or do i need to wait a certain time?

Thank you

Openfire will cache LDAP and AD data. If you change things in the directory, it might take a while for Openfire to pick this up. Restarting Openfire will obviously work around this. You can also purge the relevant caches through the admin console (or just wait it out).

thanks for the reply. when you say purge the caches on the admin in what section could i try that?