Issues with 3.9.3-3.10, Admin Login

Hello,

I recently joined to ask for assistance as I am out of ideas. So all ideas are greatly appreciated.

I have been stable on spark for roughly 2 years. I have recently within the last week reip’ed my network. After doing so, I was unable to authenticate as the admin account to my openfire instance. I decided it would just be easier to re-install as it was so easy in the past. Here is where the trouble starts:

I am running a standalone mySQL instance with an openfire Schema (to which I can successfully connect). While configuring Active Directory (Currently forest functionality level is 2012 R2) I am able to complete the initial setup just fine. Though after a service restart (I read is best practice after install) any login attempt other than the administrator AD account results in the following to be removed from “/opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml”:

<authorizedUsernames>admin</authorizedUsernames>

This is any attempt with the default “admin” account listed in the table ofUsers, regardless if the password is correct or not. This is the main issue.

Second, with the base “dc=example,dc=com” I am still unable to login any user on my domain to spark, resulting in “invalid user or password”. I have tried installing on a clean VM and re-installing with no success.

Third and lastly, once I was able to login, but I was unable to search my forest for users. It appeared to be an issue with the search.jar plugin. I decided to uninstall and start from scratch. I am however able to use the advanced search in the admin console, to return results.

Environment Details:

Kernel version: 2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.x86_64

mySQL version:5.5.16 GPL Win64

ODBC verision: mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-6.el6.noarch

Spark client version: 2.6.3

Openfire Version:3.10

Thank you in advance, I have been a huge fan of Openfire/Spark and would like to stay with it if possible.