Issues with Search feature being greyed out in Pandion

I am having an issue with all versions of Pandion with the search plugin. I have the search plugin (ver 1.1.2) installed on the latest daily build of JM available (July 6, 2005) on Linux with a mysql backend. Everything seems to work great other than the conferencing and searching. They both are not functional. I do not believe it is the client (Pandion 2.1.2 beta), because i can use these features without any issues on jivesoftware.com’'s JM server. Can you please point me in the right direction in getting this issue resolved?. I am VERY excited on getting this server into production. Thanks in advance.

Brian Gonzalez

brian.gonzalez@cc.partsearch.com

Hi Brian,

There was a issue with Pandion 2.1.1 that made it incompatiable with the search plugin version 1.0.6 and above, but it sounds like you might be running into a different issue. Where did you get the Pandion 2.1.2 beta? If I can get my hands on it I can test it out and see if I can’'t figure out what the problem might be.

Thanks,

Ryan

I got it from here, which is a recent post on pandion.be

http://forums.pandion.be/viewtopic.php?t=680

thanks for your help.

Hi Brian,

I know this won’‘t help but I’‘m not having any problems with the latest nightly build of Messenger/search/conferencing and Pandion 2.1.2 beta. In the subject line you state that the search feature is greyed out, what are/aren’'t you seeing with the conferencing?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

In the conferencing i created a persistant chat room and it doesnt show up in the list of available chat rooms and this is needed for my companies use, also i am not sure what i did wrong with installing the server then, because i installed it on Windows and the search option was greyed out, so then i installed it on Linux, because i thought an open source project would make more sense to be run on Linux and i received the same response… its kind of fustrating actually, because i can clearly see that the server that runs jivesoftwares server uses the search functionality fine. Did you do anything not outlined in the installtion directions with that server?. Thanks for your help Ryan.

Brian Gonzalez

brian.gonzalez@cc.partsearch.com

Im not sure if this will help at all, but here is debug info for when i log off and log back on, it looks like there are some errors in there for some reason:

SENT:

and this is the debug info for the working “jivesoftware” server with the SAME client:

SENT: R0lGODlhMgAyAOYAAHeTuXiTur2FcN29mp1OSPblucihubLpYMkJ5RAPefLpa1pXHotO3iLrbKpIMkKPDYr61pW7Z4Z3pWbMSSeYwyMt69mnktOnseJ61qXKRbUvfmuXpVa3mMsHiLsHl8nPfnunpOYn iCpXtGWXh0kniEp3smMY0zM4QlKLyEb*/YrpRBPXlkf*/Xrnl0krV3Ztavj9avkHpFWJxOR40yM3wfKJRAPM6hhXpNYXlddaRbUXo1RN29mXsmMnseKHpddaVcUp tNR82ghXh0kd28ma5qXHplf8aTeoQkKHo9TnpsiHwmMtawkHiDpnsfKHtWbHmEp3pNYnlsiHs9TnsXHn iTuXsWHXsXHXoWHf/1xP/0w/7zwwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAACH5BAAAAAAALAAAAAAyADIAAAf/gFuCg4SFhoeIiYqLjI2Oj5CRjllblFlag1palIeblZ qCnoWamJyWlKKfoZtaAwMCMBYQlZyYtoaYglm7tZyVuluswVsFK1dYWFZXVjQRRJil7nBl5nBpdbC1ZgEVMdWVlhX41gEA6qblqG70bmou5mlmzDL4/bK41ZUGgWg16wA4amSBkqTqWAE7n0 bR4UKOCsIFAj8NWwQPEu2fEETdGCZOHAcRlxZwgIHBmQQDVRb5ykdIVEFKTrQIgHZuB0sBj5YKLHBw9TkiWbeUljKlICc906QGBLgnxYLnxgQEWJBwYOlTJ0fAKggNJgVlkV/GWlgIngGxxWO/KiAYX/2o06IBBRgAALJBhSUDRnUGABqUNK/BUgIV8VqKYuMKh BIYfAFzIAEA5BD4BBT2xm5hJGogE4QQMEGrlQgcGWERMYFCldRUAd3eIe1Dgmq5bK1vmIpDsimFw4rCw aMAghAcRrQG8DhCgidAU1FgZRUUoy4JkVLCIFtrDitwSyF0nr3JXRrgHwHwBpGVqATmHAg4Ax8EByxDX yse/riICS0MYFelCnW5ZZICSf1iolQ8DDeQgnmsBiKfcBeJkEAo1ndmyiQHYeXNMBVrocAwWUECoH3ko AhBCMgkoVcs1mxmgzzENhYOFAwbUwwFzDyYX4X4T2GjRhdtUIgQyiSjjP8VL4CARENONGAieTK5wKCKqxHUCgy3uNNdg4hsEEK30zgI4r7WamXAgJuxNEDIy7jkE3iCFDAAx990OOUAUyg1zC1HMAAjPSieCcKEAQg5KmvaYcZXeRVxkyfMnT0haDipMPYuFkJ05TL3iDBQMe7JcfmlWY4N8LuQGjAALLRNOPR85pA8WEmzhXnYMlNDaXacC8ANKRNm2iwIoCOUNOGyxBdwxV6gUAY0YPCElbK6REOsM1W3hyhaw BjcnSsD5Ns3BmiRAY3eJDEBCSRIIZKc50SXYwZaxCqOhw1pquSyHl1xxBYUzNqbp5peIYE6ZFpTjhJihrns9kxdEX/dgsUcMBThdKoTwL9WHRDODaAALFQUJFzLrTIVGyDAhsIYHCSVqywgTVXJdMFhVQbI9NtEILsazJYKZCQv4KQMtGQXh0QAQ23Xpxb7JOPOKs3pwgEQQGCMBEAb1kooGNArTArEd 6zbqkrR7pQ8UDOlDQQlEvmsWKzOOckIUE0F7soY37uh0ODQsYwCbOGi69DSUKmHsFBVkQUO6H5FDJ2YxGQQMzoBew9sxCDhQwALKzDkiChHEUEARNtZ72sZ/RNdJfJpisAAWQzQszipt4CNAPXUu1JY/5AiuyA3LIRFBBCsIKRSmAAvzjnGDyMPLoKRooUDn19BAA QzoET9lz8a6EW9X5gon3n8QRTgAUgcBMrBVpwLYAGFQRnBXS8kGVsWbQBjxwswnSgallMzuGALZEkQGyz3otoQ6XIFY6msmKAFmqBi/EMqQBBRAUEiQMSq5QAQIQQAICoMAAQrY OGPlDPUV6XTzSsQEe8MAC/sBNISS4kYuoxxrR0dA0ZOdBzm1OiLqhiCSWyMQmOvGJUNxCIAAAOw==

Hi Brian,

Did you do anything not outlined in the installtion directions with that server?.

Nope, I just expanded the zip file, dropped the search.jar into the plugin directory and started everything up with the messenger.bat file (my personal linux box is on the fritz so I can’'t test it on there).

The info in the debug window is interesting. You can clearly see that your server is not informing Pandion that conferencing and search services are available. Are you seeing messages in the error log? Could you try using a different client like Psi or Exodus?

Thanks,

Ryan

I will try this again on Windows 2000. I tried psi and that didnt work either. I really wanted it to work in Linux with Mysql, but it doesnt seem to work no matte what i do. Do you have any other suggestions on stuff i should try at all?

Thanks for your assitance.

Brian Gonzalez

IT WORKS. I found the issue. I was signing into the server with the fully qualified name “kingsuse.king.lab”, so im assuming that is was looking for services under kinsuse.king.lab and not “kingsuse” which is what the server is NAMED. so once i changed my singon config to sign onto just “kingsuse” it worked right off the bat!

Thanks for your assistance.

Ah, yes. That would do it.

Nice work figuring that out.