Jabber client with openfire

Hi,

Has anyone integrated Jabber client with openfire?

Thanks

Can you elaborate more on your question? How do you want to integrate a client with Openfire. All jabber client can login to Openfire and use it as a server. I see red5 in tags, so maybe your question is about audio/video chat?

Hi,

What do you mean by “All jabber client can login to Openfire”?

Thanks

I don’t know what specific client did you have in mind. Jabber is a name for technology/standard (another name - XMPP). That’s why i said that all jabber clients (meaning using jabber standards) can connect with Openfire. If you mean some specific “Jabber” client, then i’m not aware of it. Probably this is some custom Cisco client they use with their Cisco Jabber server (former Jabber XCP). If they haven’t deviated from jabber standards it should in theory work with Openfire or any other jabber server. Unless you mean Openfire server interconnecting with Cisco Jabber server. Then it again depends on what Cisco have changed/removed in their server. In theory it should support standard jabber server-to-server connection and then Openfire would connect with Cisco Jabber server and users from one server should be able to communicate with another server’s users. So i think you should clarify what exactly (client or server) you want to integrate with.

The easiest way would be to setup Openfire and try logging in with Jabber client, etc. Openfire setup is very simple and you can use embedded database for testing.

Hi,

To understand the client in disscussion, check - http://www.cisco.com/web/products/voice/jabber_features.html

I knw it is possible to connect MOC/lync with openfire so that all call from these IMs can be capture in openfire db.

Wanted to understand if the same is possible with cisco jabber client

Thanks

What Wroot is saying is that there is only one way of finding out if your apple is sweet or bitter.

Taste it

I did a lot of work with Jabber XCP a few years ago with the desktop binary client and web clients and most of the time it was easier to just use Openfire on my development windows PC instead of Jabber XCP. They worked fine. Now that was before Cisco aquisition. Things could have changed since.