I am on a shared hosting server so I do not have root access to the server.
• The server already has java 1.4 installed.
• I downloaded jre-1_5_0_07-linux-i586.bin and installed it to /home/candrist/jre1.5.0_07.
• The wildfire server files are in /home/candrist/wildfire
• I modified the file /wildfire/bin/wildife.
• I uncommented INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=
• I changed it to INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=/home/candrist/jre1.5.0_07
• Every time I execute /home/candrist/wildfire/bin/wildfire start I get the following error:
testing JVM in /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_11 …
testing JVM in /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_11 …
No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system.
The version of the JVM must be at least 1.5.
Please define INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME to point to a suitable JVM.
You can also try to delete the JVM cache file /home/candrist/.install4j
Please Help. I need a way to override the server java version and use the new one I installed.