Java error on Windows Server 2012

Hello,

I am not real familiar with this program but I have a client running this on a Server 2012 installation. It has run fine for a while but yesterday it stopped working. When I look into the error logs it points to a Java error. (We are using the java that came with Openfire so I think this is the 32bit version)

Here is the first error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: java.exe

Application Version: 7.0.800.15

Application Timestamp: 5528366a

Fault Module Name: msvcr100.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f0c22

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000160d7

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 5204

Additional Information 2: 52046ef62358114b428a034e02ccad67

Additional Information 3: 7b2e

Additional Information 4: 7b2e1e3700e25c3bc8f0b455e09cd73a

I am not sure how to go about fixing this. I cannot uninstall or modify Openfire since it fires of this error again when I try. I have disabled Vipre antivirus just in case that may be causing the problem but I end up with the same error. Any help would be appreciated since this is something beyond my knowledge.

what version of openfire are you running?

Its possible java became corrupt some how. in your openfire folder, there should be a folder called JRE. Rename this to jre.bak. If java is installed on the server, then openfire will now us the system install of java. if not, you can either install java on the system, or extract the JRE folder from the openfire.zip and use it.

Good suggestion, I do feel a little stupid for not including the version though. It is 3.10.3 I will give your suggestion a try and let you know.

That worked perfectly. I renamed jre folder, downloaded JAVA JRE (32bit) to my workstation (The server does not like downloading files like this), copied it to the server and installed it. The system came up on its own. When I went in to check the service it was already running.

I was thinking of downloading Openfire and use the JRE that came with it. However the zip file for Windows does not include the JRE, only the exe does. I think having the Java directly installed does allow me to upgrade it and uninstall it without worrying about the Openfire installation.

I appreciate you help!