JDesktop Integration errors

Spark 2.5.8, Red5 0.0.27, Windows XP SP2 / SP3 clients

I’m seeing a few of these errors - initially I thought it was just me but it seems not. Here is an example - opening a contact’s video roster starts the Red5 Audio/Video Presence window, pauses for a few seconds and then gives a JDesktop Integration Components binary error -

AppName: ieembed.exe AppVer: 0.9.1.0 ModName: p1110vfw.dll
ModVer: 1.0.1.6784 Offset: 000015cb

Spark then needs to be killed in Task Manager - this is the log output (sorry it’s a bit of a mess) -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

Any pointers as to where to look for the cause? I’m not clear on what part JDIC plays in this, is it part of the JRE? Interestingly the error only appear when something Flash is invoked, like the video roster, or sometimes clicking on the settings of a the Flash window (to remember the “Allow” command for example)

Thanks, Nick

I will try to reproduce the error. What JRE is Spark using?

1.6.0_07 - the referenced dll in that exception is actually related to the Creative NX webcam I have installed. I updated the driver and I can now get into the video roster ok. However, I still have a JDIC exception when I try and click on “Advanced” or “Help” in the Flash settings within the video roster. This time the exception is -

AppName: ieembed.exe AppVer: 0.9.1.0 ModName: flash9f.ocx
ModVer: 9.0.124.0 Offset: 000c633b

This does seem to be consistent with other users so it would be good to try and get to the bottom of it. The initial problem on this thread may have simply been a driver problem.