Jitsi Chat Authorization

hello all. I’m VERY new to this. I have been trying to creat an asterisk PBX for VOIP combined with Openfire for the XMPP features (secure chat and file transfer). I have been testing out with a few softphones trying to work out some issues but at the moment I am stumped with the simplest of functions in Jitsi. I can make calls using sip to several different extensions but when i go to use the chat function I’m getting nowhere. Openfire is installed and i have added users etc but no go. The XMPP account signs in and the message windows comes up, i type test and hit send… nothing on the other end? and when i try it from the other end same issue. No error messages no nothing. the message sends but nothing arrives or comes back. I see it requires authorization but when a send an authorization request nothing comes through. i have not added any e-mail address for the users as they are just test accounts, could this have something to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have just tried Jitsi 2.0 with Openfire 3.7.1 and it works fine.

I am having the same issues and I am also using Openfire 3.7.1. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to even start looking?