Jitsi Videobridge Plugin for Openfire ver 1.3.0

The Igniterealtime community and Jitsi.org is proud to release the Jitsi Videobridge plugin for Openfire version 1.3.0 with Openfire 3.9.2. The new version has the latest code from the Jitsi project, fixes a number of issues and implements some requests made from the community

Image5.jpgImage6.jpg

New Features

• New layout and improvements to user experience of ofmeet and jitmeet.
  • Username and password protection for the web conferencing applications (ofmeet, jitmeet and candy)
  • Support for audio only participants (no webcam).
  • Conferencing recording for audio and video separately. Each conference has a single audio recording and a video recording for each participant. Video recording is only available for Windows. Support for video recording on other platforms will be available on a later release.
  • Telephone users can join or be invited to the conference as audio only participants
  • PDF Presentations can be shared and driven by the presenter.

Fixes, Improvements

• Ofmeet and jitmeet are now auto-configured. Install plugin, restart openfire and go to app home page. You can even use an IP address. Removed config.js. It auto-detects the websockets plugin and uses it when available.
  • Screenshare has been improved. Publish.js is no more needed for ofmeet and jitmeet
  • Improved the plugin admin web page.

Known issues

• The candy web application has not been touched. It should still work, but could have issues.
  • There is an experimental fastpath with video application which uses candy for the agent and some javascript you can add to your web site. Not tested and could have issues.
  • There are no user or admin guides. There are also no tutorials or “how to use” videos or blogs. There is a good document by bakko to get most users started, but needs an update.

How to use

Make sure:

• you are using Google Chrome as your web browser
  • you have a webcam or at least a sound device installed and ready for use for each user
  • you have opened ports 50000 - 60000 (or whatever you configured) on your openfire server
OfMeet

To run the ofmeet video conference application, point your browser at https://your_server:7443/jitsi/apps/ofmeet

Candy

To run the Candy web application with multi-user video, point your browser at https://your_server:7443/jitsi/apps/candy

Spark

To download the Spark plugin, point your browser at https://your_server:7443/jitsi/apps/spark/jitsivideobridge-plugin.jar

JitMeet

To run the jitmeet video conference application, point your browser at https://your_server:7443/jitsi/apps/jitmeet

You will need Google Chrome as your default browser to use the Spark plugin

Finally,

Although jitmeet (Jitsi Meet) and ofmeet (Openfire Meetings) look similar, they are different underneath and are heading in different directions.

Jitsi Meet is for generic XMPP servers and aimed at public internet facing conferencing using services like prezi.org and etherpad.org while Openfire Meetings is for private in-house conferencing where all collaboration applications are integrated into Openfire. For example, Ofmeet uses a PDF viewer which supports in-house corporate powerpoint presentations, while Jitmeet uses prezi.org.

All the source code is now out there on GitHub. Go to Jitsi.org and Igniterealtime.org and start to making improvements

1 Like

As I said, candy has been untouched. It does not have auto-detection of websockets plugin. Pick that up from here

Thanks for spotting the typo

Thanks for clearing this up for me, helped a lot:

Jitsi Meet is for generic XMPP servers and aimed at public internet facing conferencing using services like prezi.org and etherpad.org while Openfire Meetings is for private in-house conferencing where all collaboration applications are integrated into Openfire. For example, Ofmeet uses a PDF viewer which supports in-house corporate powerpoint presentations, while Jitmeet uses prezi.org.

Thanks Dele,

Jitsi works perfectly.

Its jitsi plugins include plugins available in the spark?

Hi Dele,

i just deployed it on my of 3.9.3 but the ofmeet ap (on chrome browser) does not turn on the video, same thing on jitsi.

Furthermore it seems not to go on a casual room as it sould do as far as i know (I do also have a vanilla jitmeet deploy on an another server that use the same xmpp server).

Do you know which could the cause be?

Hi Dele,

resolved the missing video issue, it was the settings placed in the ICE Server field that blocked video.

Furthermore without ICE i cannot do a conference between two clients placed on different networks (seems the bridge do not work in this situation).

I do have jinglenodes and websocket plugins (the firts works I tested it using a connection like the one is not working now with 2 jitsi clients and the jinglenodes channel rises up), do you have any idea on what could be the reason?

As I told you the vanilla jitmeet on another server using the same components of the plugin works fine.

Regards

As I’m sure you know, there’s no such thing. ICE is a protocol. Did you mean stun or turn server?

Just using the wording from the official docs WebRTC: Real-Time Communication in Browsers

It is the JSON string of the object that goes into RTCPeerConnection

I have since changed it.

1. Is it possible to run Oftmeet behind NAT? If so, where do I enter the corresponding public and private IPs?

Yes. see Running Jitsi Videobridge Openfire Plugin with NATed IP – possible or not? - #7 by Dele_Olajide - Jitsi VideoBridge Plugin - Ignite Realtime Community Forums

have you tried this

{ “iceServers”: [{ “url”: “stun:stun.l.google.com:19302” }] }

Source code is on githb. Build won’t happen till 3.10.0 is released.

Hello. Tell me what is the difference OfMeet from JitMeet. And more interested in how to make a video bridge with a speaker and as a conference call with several. May be you need to make two separate buttons in the interface Spark for this?

P.S. And what are saved video files when recording

Hello,

I have now updated my servers with latest OF 3.9.3 and Ofmeet 1.3. You can use and experiment this service at http://videoconf.free-solutions.org

You can also create your openfire account @ http://www.free-solutions.org and then use your XMPP account with Spark or Jitsi Client.

@dele : Thanks for providing all this wonderful coding

I still have problem this vesion seem client plugn ans server not compatible.

When configure domain field on web console i input abc.com of course.

But after install plugin , it 's not point my server host.abc.com … it point to abc.com only yo make invalid.

Any idea ???

https://your_server:7443/jitsi/apps/spark/jitsivideobridge-plugin.jar

Hello everybody,

I have the latest version of Openfire running with FreePBX sip server(on the same system).

With the latest Jitsivideobridge plugin, I cannot get the SIP registratio to work,

Although I have changed everything,registry server, user extension etc, the settings do not seem to work.

From the Asterisk log I can see all the time that jitsi tries to register with admin (at) IP address.

I cannot find any file to change the settings at least manually.It will continue to try to register with the Asterisk with admin(at) the IP running the server.

What am I doing wrong here?

Hello,

i just updated videobridge on my openfire, fro 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 and i got error:

2014.09.27 10:50:51 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/jitsivideobridge

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jitsi/videobridge/openfire/PluginImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

where can i find jitsivideobridge.jar version 1.3.0 to get my system back in running?

or how can i fix this version problem?

Man,

I had problems when upgraded 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.

I did update the java version 6 to 8 and the service was up

i have on my server many programs that run on java. update is not possibly at the moment.

s.o which is the server?

in debian / etc / default / openfire can put executable file java

ex: # JAVA_HOME = / usr / lib / jvm /

I tried the 1.3.0 version and not found.

ok, i have debian and found that file.

so now i try to install second java.

how to install it so that it does not come default java?

i installed java-7-openjdk and modified that file so it says now: JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/

but still:

2014.09.27 20:22:42 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/jitsivideobridge

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jitsi/videobridge/openfire/PluginImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

whats wrong?